• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Defence Mistakes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defence Mistakes

Good Afternoon,

i made a mistake on the online portal County Court and put in the defence box “ I dispute whole of clam” nothing else. I posted my acknowledgement form normal mail back to the Court, with nothing in defence box.

A few days after I posted it I got a letter from the court stating I had not filled in Defence box, and could I send it back completed ASAP, as the claimant could apply for default judgement.

i sent back my defence to court and claimant. Today I got letter from court saying they are returning my defence as they have already received a response to this claim, and it will cost money to change my defence.

Any advice please.
    Tags: None

After you acknowledge the claim you have 33 days from the date of issue to get a defence to the court. Did you?

Have you talked to the court to see if you can get some sense on the matter.

Comment

Hi Ostell,

I am asking for geocyper (Pepipoo) you gave feed back on there. He has got that hacked off he has asked me to try and work it out, we are friends.

They said he will can turn up on the day explain to the Judge the issue defence, and present his case, he cannot afford to pay £255 to change it.

Comment

You could try and work it into your witness statement. Strictly speaking that's not allowed.

Comment

Hi Ostell, thanks for you reply, since my only defence that was put is "i dispute the entire claim" on the form, will try and tell the story through the Witness statement, the actual points what happened that day and our thoughts.

Just a question about possible hearing, shall we take the insurance documents to the hearing, to show that two persons entitled to drive, also copy of disable badge?
          Last edited by WmWallace; 8th June 2019, 17:23:PM. Reason: wrong wording

Comment

You haven't given any indication of what the charge was for so can't comment on what you should or should not be taking to the court. But if you think it may be asked for then take it just in case.

Comment

The Parking charge was for parking without a permit residential. The registered keeper has not got Blue Badge entitlement, but driver had. Blue Badge was displayed. I know the Blue Badge has no relevance to parking issue, but the person with the entitlement was driving car.

Comment

So what did the signs say? Perhaps "Permit Holder Only". If that is the case then this is not offer of a contract to oark and therefore there can be no breach of the consistent conteact

Comment

Yes permit holders only, defendant not permit holder.

Comment

Here is Permit sign.pdf Pict

Comment

I can't read that sign

Comment

Ok will try again.

Comment

Nor can I.
                          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                          gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi try this sorry cant work out how to send photo bucket thanks

Comment

hope this works. https://s1241.photobucket.com/user/g...zouxj.jpg.html

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X