• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Speeding? NIP received

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speeding? NIP received

Traveling down the M1 on Thursday night through the roadworks at Derby. Overhead variable speed limit signs displayed 50. I wasn't in any rush whatsoever and traveling well below the 50mph limit. Yet I was flashed by a speed camera at the roadside. The car about behind me (who was going the same speed as me) also got flashed. Approximately 1/4 mile further down the road there was a sign indicating 40mph limit. After about another 500 yards overhead sign indicated a 50mph limit.
    Today I received a NIP confirming I was traveling at 47mph but stating the speed limit was 40mph. I have no evidence of the signage displayed.
    Surely other drivers will have been caught out by this.

Is it worth contesting this NIP, I've never had one before in the 46 years of driving.

How would I go about contesting the NIP.

Thanks in advance.

Suggest you post on the Pepipoo site, where the NIP experts reside! http://www.pepipoo.com/

Comment

Thanks DES8, Heading that way now.....

Comment

Tell them that we (LB) recommended them.
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I do that road ( bit higher up tho before roadworks 28 to 25 and back ) four times a day and those overhead signs are such a pest - constantly changing, very close together and the cameras are always flashing.... have you got a dash cam ? ( agree that pepipoo is best place for NIPs advice - come let us know cause I'm sure I'll end up in same boat at some point lol )
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
            I do that road ( bit higher up tho before roadworks 28 to 25 and back ) four times a day and those overhead signs are such a pest - constantly changing, very close together and the cameras are always flashing.... have you got a dash cam ? ( agree that pepipoo is best place for NIPs advice - come let us know cause I'm sure I'll end up in same boat at some point lol )
            There was a case recently where a young lady successfully defended an alleged offense due to a plethora of confusing signs, etc.

Not that I'm giving you a 'get out of jail free' card, after seeing how you drive!

Sorry about that, Ame......I think that there des8 has somehow hacked into my laptop.
            Honest!
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Sorry about that charitynjw but I was a member of Pepipoo before LB

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
                Sorry about that charitynjw but I was a member of Pepipoo before LB

I too would have signposted to PePiPoo.
                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Me too tbh.
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X