• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Claim for an unpaid PCN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post

No probs.
    Morning!

I requested the SAR via email just now.

I also called the solicitors and asked for the documentation they are going to be using in court. They said they would not send that over until just before the hearing?

What do i do from here? Wait for the SAR?

What grounds can i contest this?

best regards,
    Dan.

Comment

No probs.
      Morning,

I sent the SAR to the parking company via email this morning. Are the next steps to await this? Do i need to do anything regarding my defense online? I acknowledged my service and i have about 12 days left to submit my full defense i believe.

I called the solicitors this morning asking for the documentation they will be using in court and they said they would not send this until just before the hearing?

On what grounds would i be contesting this? Does the defense usually hold up against these private parking companies?

Best regards,
      Dan.

Comment

Originally posted by DanRus View Post

Morning,

I sent the SAR to the parking company via email this morning. Are the next steps to await this?
        Yes, but don't miss the defence deadline (33 days max from issue date on the court claim.)

Do i need to do anything regarding my defense online?
        Start drafting one....time flies....

I acknowledged my service and i have about 12 days left to submit my full defense i believe.

I called the solicitors this morning asking for the documentation they will be using in court and they said they would not send this until just before the hearing?

On what grounds would i be contesting this?
        See attached

Does the defense usually hold up against these private parking companies?
        Often.

Best regards,
        Dan.
        Attached is a county court judgment...not a precedent, but persuasive.
        Attached Files
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

The Signage – No Offer

If the wording of the signage forbids parking, then there is no offer to park and therefore no contract.

This is clear from several cases. In PCM-UK v Bull et all B4GF26K6 [2016], residents were parking on access roads. The signage forbade parking and so no contract was in place. A trespass had occurred, but that meant only the landowner could claim, not the parking company.

In UKPC v Masterson B4GF26K6[2016] it was also found the signage was forbidding and so the matter was one of trespass. The parking company did not have standing to claim.

In Horizon Parking v Mr J C5GF17X2 [2016] it was also found the signage was forbidding and so the matter was one of trespass. The parking company did not have standing to claim.

https://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/residential-parking/
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

The Signage – No Offer

If the wording of the signage forbids parking, then there is no offer to park and therefore no contract.

This is clear from several cases. In PCM-UK v Bull et all B4GF26K6 [2016], residents were parking on access roads. The signage forbade parking and so no contract was in place. A trespass had occurred, but that meant only the landowner could claim, not the parking company.

In UKPC v Masterson B4GF26K6[2016] it was also found the signage was forbidding and so the matter was one of trespass. The parking company did not have standing to claim.

In Horizon Parking v Mr J C5GF17X2 [2016] it was also found the signage was forbidding and so the matter was one of trespass. The parking company did not have standing to claim.

https://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/residential-parking/
            Thank you for this.

Is this reason enough for me to put in my defense? That it is a case of trespassing and not breach of contract?

I also have not recieved my SAR back from the the parking company? Is this necessary?

Best regards,
            Dan.

Comment

Whate date is your defence due to be filed? (33 days from the issue date on the court claim?)

Atm your defence will be a mix of rubbish signs & the Claimant's lack of evidence disclosure.
              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Whate date is your defence due to be filed? (33 days from the issue date on the court claim?)

Atm your defence will be a mix of rubbish signs & the Claimant's lack of evidence disclosure.
                Hi Mate,

the issue date was the 25th Feb, so the 33rd day will be Friday.

Best regards,
                Dan

Comment

Hi Mate,

Best regards,
                  Dan
                  I make it Sat 30th.
                  If so, the following Monday is fine.
                  https://www.timeanddate.com/date/dat...aw=&ad=33&rec=
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Hi Mate,

Best regards,
                    Dan
                    Morning,

how do i word my defense?

do you have a template i can use or something please?

Your help will be greatly appreciated!

best regards,
                    Dan.

Comment

Morning,

how do i word my defense?

do you have a template i can use or something please?

Your help will be greatly appreciated!

best regards,
                      Dan.
                      No probs.....will sort summat out in a while.
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

No probs.....will sort summat out in a while.
                        Thank you mate .

Comment

Couple of quick questions

Was the car park residential (ie either the driver's place, or a friends place, or somewhere where the driver would have permission to park).?

Did the registered keeper receive a pre-action protocol pack (tick-box form & income/expendture sheet) or a letter before claim in the month or so before the court claim was served?

There may be more Qs!

CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Couple of quick questions

Was the car park residential (ie either the driver's place, or a friends place, or somewhere where the driver would have permission to park).?

Did the registered keeper receive a pre-action protocol pack (tick-box form & income/expendture sheet) or a letter before claim in the month or so before the court claim was served?

There may be more Qs!

No it was on an industrial estate.

I believe i did receive a letter before claim.

best regards,
                            Dan.

Comment

Was that the only sign on the site?

What time of day? (approx)

Is the site iluminated.....or the sign?
                              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Was that the only sign on the site?

What time of day? (approx)

Is the site iluminated.....or the sign?
                                That was the only visible sign and it was broad daylight

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X