• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Claim for an unpaid PCN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At this stage I would suggest a concise defence, picking apart their Particulars of Claim & briefly mentioning all the points which you want to add to support your defense.
    There really is no point (at this stage) in writing a 'War & Peace'......that can come later with a Witness Statement &, if necessary, a written Skeleton Argument.
    & there is no need to adduce evidence yet.

The advantage of this is that it should fit in the limited space available via MCOL.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
      Was that the only sign on the site?

What time of day? (approx)

Is the site iluminated.....or the sign?
      Good morning!

I'm a bit worried that my deadline is today if you include the issue date as the first day. Would it be possible to send me something today? I'm sorry to chase and i am so grateful for you assisting me with this!

Many thanks,
      Dan.

Comment

Originally posted by DanRus View Post

Good morning!

I'm a bit worried that my deadline is today if you include the issue date as the first day. Would it be possible to send me something today? I'm sorry to chase and i am so grateful for you assisting me with this!

Many thanks,
        Dan.
        See post #23
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

At this stage I would suggest a concise defence, picking apart their Particulars of Claim & briefly mentioning all the points which you want to add to support your defense.
          There really is no point (at this stage) in writing a 'War & Peace'......that can come later with a Witness Statement &, if necessary, a written Skeleton Argument.
          & there is no need to adduce evidence yet.

The advantage of this is that it should fit in the limited space available via MCOL.
          Apologies i did not see this! Which points do i need to pick apart exactly? What points do i need to add to my defense? would it be the past court claims which found it was trespassing?

I'm really sorry if i sound think, i have no experience in this at all and now i'm a bit nervous that i dont have a case.

best regards,
          Dan.

Comment

Apologies i did not see this! Which points do i need to pick apart exactly? What points do i need to add to my defense? would it be the past court claims which found it was trespassing?

I'm really sorry if i sound think, i have no experience in this at all and now i'm a bit nervous that i dont have a case.

best regards,
            Dan.
            No worries, I'm on it.

I've got to go out this am, but will sort something for you later.

Did you see post #23 & check for yourself? (Issue date + 33 days)
            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

No worries, I'm on it.

I've got to go out this am, but will sort something for you later.

Did you see post #23 & check for yourself? (Issue date + 33 days)
              Thanks mate!!!

Is it not 33 days including the issue date?

Comment

Thanks mate!!!

Is it not 33 days including the issue date?
                No, issue date + 33.
                If that falls on a Sat, Sun or BH, then the next working day.
                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Could you give me a timeline of events from 17/03/2018 to now. (Ie letters rec'd)
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

Comment

I've bashed out a draft of a holding defence......have a look & amend as necessary
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by charitynjw; 1st April 2019, 08:44:AM. Reason: Kr@p Spelin
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Ok

Now for a CPR 31.14 request for further disclosure.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Your name
                      Your address
                      Your postcode

Date
                      Claimants name
                      Claimants address
                      Claimants postcode

Dear Sirs,

Claim Number: XXXXXX

Request for documents mentioned in a statement of case under CPR 31.14

On xx/xx/xxxx I received a County Court claim from yourselves of which I have acknowledged receipt indicating my intention to defend in full.

To enable me to assess my legal position & if necessary, seek legal advice, please disclose the following:-
                      • A true copy of your client's KADOE agreement with DVLA
                      • A true copy of any agreement/contract between your client & the relevant landowner/authorised agent, together with all contracts which form a chain of authority back to the landowner.
                      • A true copy of any planning permission required for erection of signage at the relevant parking site.
                      These to be redacted only as strictly necessary.

Please note that letters purporting to show authority are not acceptable to me.

Neither is the delaying of disclosure or producing them for the first time at a court hearing.
                      That would place me at a significant disadvantage, & I would view any attempt to do so as unreasonable.

In accordance with CPR 31.15(c) I undertake to be responsible for your reasonable copying costs incurred in complying with this CPR 31.14 request.

You should note that this claim has not yet been allocated to a specific track and the provisions of CPR 27(2) are of no effect. Had your claim not been issued through CCBC the Claimant would have been obliged to attach copies of the documentation upon which it relies to the Particulars of Claim.

I, as Defendant, am entitled to see the documents on which the Claimant relies and which you must produce at trial. Disclosure at this early stage will enable me to fully plead my case and further the Overriding Objective.

You should ensure compliance with your CPR 31 duties and ensure that the document(s) I have requested are copied to and received by me within 7 days of receiving this letter.

If you require more time in which to comply with this request you must tell me in writing and confirm your agreement to an extension of the time allowed for me to file my defence as allowed under CPR 15.5 so I may notify the court
                      I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely

Your Name

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Send to the solicitor.

Keep a copy, & if sent via land mail, get a free certificate of posting. (Tracked mail can be refused.)

Last edited by charitynjw; 1st April 2019, 08:39:AM.
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

I've bashed out a draft of a holding defence......have a look & amend as necessry
                        Thank you so much for this
                        You are a life saver!!

Comment

Ok

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Your name
                          Your address
                          Your postcode

Date
                          Claimants name
                          Claimants address
                          Claimants postcode

Dear Sirs,

On xx/xx/xxxx I received a County Court claim from yourselves of which I have acknowledged receipt indicating my intention to defend in full.

To enable me to assess my legal position & if necessary, seek legal advice, please disclose the following:-
                          • A true copy of any agreement/contract between your client & the relevant landowner/authorised agent, together with all contracts which form a chain of authority back to the landowner.
                          • A true copy of any planning permission required for erection of signage at the relevant parking site.

Neither is the delaying of disclosure or producing them for the first time at a court hearing.
                          That would place me at a significant disadvantage, & I would view any attempt to do so as unreasonable.

In accordance with CPR 31.15(c) I undertake to be responsible for your reasonable copying costs incurred in complying with this CPR 31.14 request.

You should note that this claim has not yet been allocated to a specific track and the provisions of CPR 27(2) are of no effect. Had your claim not been issued through CCBC the Claimant would have been obliged to attach copies of the documentation upon which it relies to the Particulars of Claim.

I, as Defendant, am entitled to see the documents on which the Claimant relies and which you must produce at trial. Disclosure at this early stage will enable me to fully plead my case and further the Overriding Objective.

You should ensure compliance with your CPR 31 duties and ensure that the document(s) I have requested are copied to and received by me within 7 days of receiving this letter.

If you require more time in which to comply with this request you must tell me in writing and confirm your agreement to an extension of the time allowed for me to file my defence as allowed under CPR 15.5 so I may notify the court

Yours sincerely

Your Name

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Send to the solicitor.

Keep a copy, & if sent via land mail, get a free certificate of posting. (Tracked mail can be refused.)

Thank you, what is a free certificate of posting? Can i send it via email?

Comment

Ok

Your name
                            Your address
                            Your postcode

Date
                            Claimants name
                            Claimants address
                            Claimants postcode

Dear Sirs,

Yours sincerely

Your Name

Send to the solicitor.

Is it not too late to submit this as my deadline for defense is today at 15:30?

Thanks,
                            Dan

Comment

I make it Sat 30th.
                              If so, the following Monday is fine.
                              https://www.timeanddate.com/date/dat...aw=&ad=33&rec=
                              See post #23
                              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

See post #23
                                Is it not too late to submit this as my deadline for defense is today at 15:30?
                                Problem with sending by email is that strictly speaking you need their consent to do so.
                                If you have it, fine.
                                If not, send via land mail. (Free cert is available upon request at the PO counter.)

& no, not too late to send.
                                If you do so now (or before filing your defence) you can truthfully include the fact in your defence statement.
                                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X