• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter of claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter of claim

Hello everyone,
    I have received a letter of claim from Howard Cohen solicitors acting on behalf of Hoist for a credit card debt originating 3 years ago.
    As i have been reading this forum for a while I thought I should respond with a CCA Request to Hoist and sent back the letter of claim without acknowledging the debt (not enough information about it) asking for agreement details,interest charges etc.
    Hoist came back to me informing me that they are working towards the CCA Request.
    No response from solicitors or Hoist for the information I have requested such as interest charges notices of assignment and the rest.
    I was thinking to send a Sar to Barclaycard asking for relevant information but ....would that be me acknowledging the debt and could this be used against me at the court( if we reach till there) since Howard solicitors didn't mention the original creditor clearly (only wrote to me that creditor is Hoist-ex Barclays).
    Would a Sar count as acknowledging the debt?Also if i ask for ppi in the Sar would that be aknowledment of the debt?
    What would make a Sar helpful for my defence and what should i ask within it in a way that doesn't form or hint acknowledging it?
    Would Ppi be one of them, so i could potentially get the debt reduced and negotiate with Hoist for the remaining balance?
    Many thanks in advance,this forum has been really helpful to me
    Tags: None

If your SAR is to Barclaycard simply asking for all data they hold about you then no it wouldn't be acknowledging the debt. It should also include the PPI details so if there was PPI on the account you can look at reclaiming it or defending that part o f the debt if the rest is proven. It would be helpful to have the SAR info as then you'll have details to compare against what Hoist provide in response to your request for info.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

So quick update on this, Robinsons way send me after 3 months the terms and conditions of my credit agreement with the original creditor ,

Comment

No notices of assignments , it seemed to me like a very general copy of any credit card contract but not sure anyway.Is there somebody who could have a look to what they have sent me to have a second opinion if this would stand at a court ?

Comment

Which hoist are Howard Cohen acting for?
          I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

...also, anything back from the SAR to Barclaycard?
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

PT it has been transferred around between Robinsons and different Hoist Portfolios, last one who was in charge when they send me the letter of claim was HFUKHIL i think Hoist holdings 2 but the response to my CCA request came from Robinson Way.

Comment

Amethyst i havent received some data from Barclays i reckon, thanks for reminding us me i ll have to chase that up!

Comment

Originally posted by Artanian80 View Post
                  PT it has been transferred around between Robinsons and different Hoist Portfolios, last one who was in charge when they send me the letter of claim was HFUKHIL i think Hoist holdings 2 but the response to my CCA request came from Robinson Way.
                  Ahh ok , i was checking because they did stop trading via their jersey company, and wanted to be sure you were dealing wit hthe right firm
                  I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

So Robinson Way has given me a 14 days deadline to contact them and arrange payment otherwise they will send my case back to solicitors.Strangely enough the documents that i asked for were produced and ready to send one month ago but i only received them lately.What are the chances the solicitors would bring the case to court?Can please someone have a look to what they sent me as i am not sure if they have sent what i asked for?

Comment

To make things clearer what I received was the terms and conditions copy and the credit card agreement,nothing else that i asked such as interest charges,notices of assignment, default notice and also at the end of each photocopy is written “restricted internal” should that reflect my signature there or what?If there was such an agreement I cannot recall having signed any terms and conditions, when in the past i had applied for credit card i only did it online.
                      What should i do now, send them a letter asking for the missing information?

Comment

Yes respond saying thanks for sending x I look forward to receiving y and z etc.

An online application would encompass the terms and agreement before electronically signing ( tick box usually ).
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanks Amethyst, would that give me some extra time until they send me the requested information or they can ignore it and proceed with sending my case to the court?

Comment

They could just send it back over to the solicitors for court action but you will be able to show the court you have been requesting the information before any court costs were incurred ( if it comes to a judgment and costs are being considered the claimant will need to show they complied with the pre-action protocols )

Don't forget to chase Barclaycard up about the SAR.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanks everyone, i did what Amethyst has recommended and I never heard anything back.Hope that’s for a good reason.Sar seems to have been ignored by Barclays , when I called to ask for it their customer service wasn’t very helpful so no news at all.
                              In a similar debt that I have been chased by another debt collector, today, i was offered a 40% discount with a partially satisfied mark on the responding default.I was thinking to accept their offer since I think I could afford to pay the remaining balance in instalments but would any payment intrigue the other debtors to start chasing me up again?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X