• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CT and JSA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CT and JSA

There are some figures available (summons costs) to fill in the gaps for the years between those stated in your initial post.

Note that in 2004/05 the standard costs of the summons was only 50% of the total with the other half being in respect of obtaining the liability order.

The obvious question is why when in 2004/05 the summons costs reflected only half of the total court cost, what changed so drastically in the recovery process that caused all the expenditure to be incurred in respect of instituting the summons in the following year?

Another obvious question would be what could support a hike of the cost of instituting the summons from 2004/05 to the present level by 220 per cent?

2004/05 – Summons costs £25 / Liability Order £25
    2005/06 – Summons costs £30 / Liability Order £00
    2006/07 – Summons costs £35 / Liability Order £00
    2007/08 – Summons costs £45 / Liability Order £00
    2008/09 – Summons costs £45 / Liability Order £00
    2009/10 – Summons costs £50 / Liability Order £00
    2010/11 – Summons costs £60 / Liability Order £00
    2011/12 – Summons costs £70 / Liability Order £00
    2012/13 – Summons costs £80 / Liability Order £00

Comment

Originally posted by outlawlgo View Post
      The European route it would seem may be the only one left to try. Disappointing news from the High Court today: Judge rejects bedroom tax unlawfully discriminates against disabled.
      If nothing else I simply have to respond to the letter regarding the Bedroom Tax comments it contains. My case was regarding Council Tax. For this error alone it is worth questioning the content of the response.

I am also going to say that I should have had access to a duty solicitor, even if only to be told to go away by them.

Comment

I maintain that Council Tax Liability Order hearings breach Article 6 of the Rome Convention and any local authority is in breach of Section 6, Human Rights Act 1998, which makes it unlawful for any public authority to perform any act that is incompatible with a person's Convention rights.

Once it gets out into the public domain what is going on and the legality of the process is, too, I can see everyone refusing to pay their Council Tax until the practice ceases and those responsible are held to account. Only a government that is truly stupid would try to ignore such dissent. Recently, 130,000 people dissented, en masse, over Care.Data. NHS senior management shat themselves and went running round to the offices of 38 degrees, a campaigning group, offering to delay matters for six months. There's a lot to be said for people power. Lawful rebellion works.
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
          I maintain that Council Tax Liability Order hearings breach Article 6 of the Rome Convention and any local authority is in breach of Section 6, Human Rights Act 1998, which makes it unlawful for any public authority to perform any act that is incompatible with a person's Convention rights. The very nature of the way Liability Orders are dealt with is prima facie a breach of the right to a fair trial, as it is almost summary in nature, and every possible step is untertaken to actively PREVENT a summoned debtor appearing IN PERSON in front of a magistrate. Council officials run the whole kangaroo proceedings in the court.

Once it gets out into the public domain what is going on and the legality of the process is, too, I can see everyone refusing to pay their Council Tax until the practice ceases and those responsible are held to account. Only a government that is truly stupid would try to ignore such dissent. Recently, 130,000 people dissented, en masse, over Care.Data. NHS senior management shat themselves and went running round to the offices of 38 degrees, a campaigning group, offering to delay matters for six months. There's a lot to be said for people power. Lawful rebellion works.
          About time we all petitioned MP's and made them sh1t themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
            About time we all petitioned MP's and made them sh1t themselves.
            I couldn't agree with you more, BB.
            Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X