• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

council tax query

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• council tax query

my daughter has recently taken on a private let flat......
    The rent is £300 per month and it started as of 1st october.....
    My daughter is only workin 24 hrs pers week and does occasional overtime....
    Her wage is around £600 per month.

She went to coucil to ask for help fillin in form coz she got bill for £600approx council tax to be paid in 2 instalments. of £295.....
    We didnt think this was right because it is one bedroom flat and its a band A she is in.......
    We think she is entitled to help for rent and council tax but they sayin she isnt because by law the governement say she should be able to survive on £47 per week after payin all her bills and rambled on about load of rubbish and confused my daughter.
    How can my daughter afford to pay that amounf of tax in 2 mths and if thats the case then her flat is gonna cost more in council tax over a year than our 3 bedroomed house in Band B..... How can this be right?

Can anyone help regarding council tax rebate and rent rebates?..... Im sure she must be entitled to some help coz if not then wats this world comin to wen young girls go out to work and get no help yet people on benefits seem to get everythin and have better standard of livin etc...... Its enough to put my daughter off workin coz after payin her bills she will be left with £11 each month so how this woman can sy my daughter would have £47 per week is ridiculous

Re: council tax query

Have you looked on your local councils website for the Band details, also on ours there is are guides to getting discounts and help, might be worth a read. I know a single person qualifies for a 25% discount round here.

Might also be worth her asking a neighbour what they pay.

Comment

Yeah I told her to ask her neighbour who says hello etc daily but she kinda shy.....lol
      I will check the council website...I never thought of that.....was just angry with response she got from people who were meant to help her fill in forms etc

Thanx

Comment

Citizens Advice will help with filling in forms of this nature and will also be able to advise on the local councils rates and help available.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

A useful site HERE you can find your band and what you should be paying on here, also what help you can get.
          If she is being asked to pay £600 for 6 months Oct- Apr and the 25% discount for single occupancy has been deducted then the true council tax bill for that property for a full 12 months would be £1600 by my reckoning.

Enaid x
          Last edited by enaid; 5th November 2009, 09:21:AM.

Comment

thanx ladies...we got it sorted now......

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X