• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Council Tax Arrears

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Council Tax Arrears

Hi All,

Without going into to much depth we stupidly have got ourselves into council tax arrears. Mainly due to difficulties with the council and it being a new property we where slightly behind on council tax. We setup a payment plan with a standing order where again through no fault but my own in not checking it after we moved banks 2 payments failed.

The council have instructed Brisow & Souter to collect the debt. After working away for 2 weeks I have come back to letters giving me 7 days to pay and also a letter from the bailiff who visited Thursday. (2 days ago).

I called the council offices and am willing to pay the debt in full to the council but they refused.

The letter left a mobile number for the bailiff.

what is the best way to proceed.

many thanks for any help.

Council Tax owed: £1300
    Bailiff with fees wants £1590

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X