• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Council persuading my lodger for ct after he moved out are my goods at risk.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Council persuading my lodger for ct after he moved out are my goods at risk.

One of my lodgers is being pursued by Bristow and Suror over unpaid council tax. This was for his previous address in Derby. He moved in with me on 22rd January. The council were informed by phone that day. He has a contract for that from me and an award notice for LHA for a few days later. What do we need to do to get the liability after he moved out removed from the bill. Will he liable for Band S 's charges for the liability order to the dates he wasn't there. Are they likely to try and clamp my wife's car?
    Tags: None

Hiya,

Did the council adjust the bill according to the date he moved out ? and do you know what he had paid up to that date?
    If you become or cease to be liable to pay council tax part way through the financial year you will receive a council tax bill apportioned to the start and/or end dates of your liability for that property up until the 31 March next.
    so 10 months ( April to Jan) of the previous property council tax would have been owed.

ploddertom

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

He seems to be a year behind
      The council Havre a moving out date
      but they have charged him until the end of April.

Comment

Has he challenged why they have charged for more than the date they have for moving?

Comment

we are getting the documents together. part of the problem is that the office closes at 3pm. I was going to send them the copy of the contract moving into my property and a copy of the housing benefit receipt. un fortunately he gave his notice to quit as a hand written document and didn't keep a copy.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X