• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

House deeds covenant regarding camper van

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House deeds covenant regarding camper van

Hi does anyone have any knowledge regarding ‘house deeds’ (covenant) relating to parking a camper van on a drive way? I’m after some legal advice if anyone has any experience with this? Thank you
    My next door neighbour has parked a big camper van on there driveway which I directly see as I look out of my living room window, the house deeds do have a covenant that state no motor homes etc, what can I do? Is this legally binding .... I really don’t want to have to look at a big white camper van all day long .. Thank you
    Tags: None

Restrictive covenants are enforceable by one landowner against another.

Your problem might be the difference between a motor home and a camper van.
    Don't know what the etc in your post covers

Comment

Hi sorry yes it’s a motor home

Comment

If the covenant runs with the land (ie it passes to successors in title) and depending on its wording you should be able to obtain an injunction to enforce it.
        Do any other neighbours have objections to its presence?
        Have you discussed the matter with your neighbour?

It would be better to come to an amicable solution, as any dispute will have to be declared to possible prospective buyers if you ever decide to sell

Comment

My neighbour isn’t very forthcoming with conversation about it, it doesn’t affect other neighbours as such as the drive way to there house is on the side which my front window faces so it’s my view all day

Comment

So if you really want it moved you might have to bite the bullet and tell your neighbour that if he doesn't store his motorhome elsewhere you will seek an injunction to enforce the covenant

Comment

Hi, we asked for a solicitor but it would cost s lot of money to even look into it, the builders are no longer in business and I feel a bit deflated as seems the neighbour is ok to be so inconsiderate.. it’s our view and blocking natural light into my house, can the council do anything regarding it? Thank you

Comment

Can you post the exact wording from the covenant.

Do you have legal cover on your house insurance ?
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Not to keep or allow any commercial vehicle caravan boat trailer or other similar type of vehicle or any unroadworthy motor vehicle to be kept stationary on the property between the existing building and the estate road or roads co-extensive therewith PRovided Always that this covenant shall not apply in any case where the property does not include a garage or garage space and in any such case the purchaser shall be permitted to park a private motor vehicle on that part of the property between the existing building and the estate roads co-extensive therewith

the house with the motorhome have it parked on the drive and they don’t have a garage

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X