• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Worried sick!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Worried sick!

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
    Hello Rosie,

Changing a personal letter of any sort in an attempt to deceive would nor be lawful.

Do you have copies of the original mail?

nem
    Hi Nem no unfortunately I don't have the original emails I sent this was was done from another mobile phone I have tried to find it but had no luck. They said that I was looking to complete on equity release this is a blatant lie. I was informed when I enquired about this that I would need to pay my loan and mortgage off in their entirety but there would not have been enough to be able to do that. They are just making things up now and lying through their teeth! As for Gateway Homes I never even heard back from them if I had I would have had a viewing and an offer of which I would have informed Swift of. I didn't see how it could be lawful to edit a personal email. Unfortunately for Swift I have a very good memory like an elephant I don't forget. I think they think because I am in my sixties that I am a silly little woman hmm the only silly ones are them.

rosie500

Comment

Originally posted by Rosie500 View Post
      Hi Nem no unfortunately I don't have the original emails I sent this was was done from another mobile phone I have tried to find it but had no luck. They said that I was looking to complete on equity release this is a blatant lie. I was informed when I enquired about this that I would need to pay my loan and mortgage off in their entirety but there would not have been enough to be able to do that. They are just making things up now and lying through their teeth! As for Gateway Homes I never even heard back from them if I had I would have had a viewing and an offer of which I would have informed Swift of. I didn't see how it could be lawful to edit a personal email. Unfortunately for Swift I have a very good memory like an elephant I don't forget. I think they think because I am in my sixties that I am a silly little woman hmm the only silly ones are them.

rosie500
      Hello Rosie,

Has been made clear to all concerned that there was never and discussion of application of any sort in regard to equity release?

nem

Comment

Hello Rosie,

Has been made clear to all concerned that there was never and discussion of application of any sort in regard to equity release?

nem

Hi Nem no there was never any application or discussion about equity release. All I did was to make enquiries. I told Swift quite clearly that once I had paid themselves and Kensington there would not have been enough to do anything with. They are as crooked as you can get! Absolute scumbags. They told me they have a voicemail message from me saying that I was going to have a viewing of my property! If that had been the case then I would have known when the viewing was and also there would have been an offer of which I would have informed Swift of. As we say in Scotland they have a brass neck (meaning they have a nerve).

Rosie500

Comment

Hi Nem I have had another look at the email I sent to Swift, they have deleted Swift's email address and put Postmaster in its place. They have also put square brackets after my email address and put mail to and then my email address. There is something definitely not right here. I will stress again that there was never any discussion or application regarding equity release and that I only made enquiries. I find it really difficult to get through their thick skulls! Looking at their latest letter things it would seem they have twisted everything I have said to suit themselves. I am in the process of making yet another complaint to the FOS. They ask on the form "when did the advice, service or transaction you're complaining about take place?
          "When did you first complain to the business you think is responsible? I have stated this has been ongoing. I have been to the FOS at least twice this is the third time. I have stressed on the form that it is important that my voice is heard this time.

Rosie500

Comment

Hi Nem I have had another look at the email I sent to Swift, they have deleted Swift's email address and put Postmaster in its place. They have also put square brackets after my email address and put mail to and then my email address. There is something definitely not right here. I will stress again that there was never any discussion or application regarding equity release and that I only made enquiries. I find it really difficult to get through their thick skulls! Looking at their latest letter things it would seem they have twisted everything I have said to suit themselves. I am in the process of making yet another complaint to the FOS. They ask on the form "when did the advice, service or transaction you're complaining about take place?
            "When did you first complain to the business you think is responsible? I have stated this has been ongoing. I have been to the FOS at least twice this is the third time. I have stressed on the form that it is important that my voice is heard this time.

Rosie500
            Hello Rosie,

It certainly seems that document has been altered to suit their stance.
            The FOS should certainly see a copy of that e-mail it's fraud imo.

nem

Comment

Hello Rosie,

It certainly seems that document has been altered to suit their stance.
              The FOS should certainly see a copy of that e-mail it's fraud imo.

nem
              https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0...HRyS0N5NEpqdEE

Hi Nem I certainly will let the FOS have a copy of the email. There are a few things in their last letter which are not true. It is unbelievable the lies they have told. They have contradicted themselves over the asking price of my property I will also point that out to the FOS.

I am am determined this time that Swift are for the "high jump".

Rosie 500

Comment

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0...HRyS0N5NEpqdEE

Hi Nem I certainly will let the FOS have a copy of the email. There are a few things in their last letter which are not true. It is unbelievable the lies they have told. They have contradicted themselves over the asking price of my property I will also point that out to the FOS.

I am am determined this time that Swift are for the "high jump".

Rosie 500
                Keep at it Rosie!!

You know where to find us !!

Comment

Keep at it Rosie!!

You know where to find us !!

Hi Nem will keep you posted. I sincerely hope this will be the end of a long three year battle!

Rosie500

Comment

Hi I had a survey yesterday via email about the FOS which I completed. I told them I wasn't very happy with their service, and that on the last two occasions they had more or less called me a liar! I also told them that I wasn't listened to and that my complaint should have been upheld. At the end of it I stated that they need to start listening to people and take on board what they are saying. I also stated that it is important that I am listened to this time and that my complaint is upheld.

Rosie

Comment

Ah.........the FOS, no case law to work with perhaps the biggest issue, especially on second charge unregulated lending. We have put some really important points to them over the last year or so & had little by way of any replies. Keep on at them is all I can say.

It may be worth raising a complaint over the LIBOR issues pending who is involved CCA 140 b9 ;
                      If, in any such proceedings, the debtor or a surety alleges that the relationship between the creditor and the debtor is unfair to the debtor, it is for the creditor to prove to the contrary.]]

Comment

Hello Rosie,

I'm exhausted just reading through your thread. Your fighting spirit is to be admired. I note your age and we are of the same vintage

My first question is what (if any) legal steps have Swift taken to recover the £17,500 shortfall they believe you've owed them since 2012?

Do you still have a copy of the Order for Possession? If not you may need to get that from the court.

Did you go to the hearing to defend the possession proceedings or was this a voluntary repossession (where you hand in the keys and walk away). If it was the latter you may have been asked to sign 'something' agreeing to pay the shortfall. It's hard to assess what went on without seeing the papers.

I can see you've made Herculean attempts to get the paperwork from them but out of everything they did send you was there a copy of the actual credit agreement?

You say you took out this product through a broker. Who was that? Are they still in business? At the time of the loan inception (2007) you should have been sent a KFI (Key Facts Illustration) which would/should have included any commission or fees paid to the broker. Did you get one of those? It should have been sent to you before you signed any credit/loan agreement.

I saw an earlier post where you quoted the FOS's attitude to your complaint. It hinted that the scope of your complaint was not something they would normally handle. What did they actually say?

Finally, and somewhat indelicately, how old would you have been when the 25 year term of this loan expired if it had run its full course? And how would you have been funding the repayments past your retirement age?

I don't need to say "don't give up" with your battle because I can sense you've no intention of stopping until you've put right what you see as a wrong.

You feel you were wrongly, possibly unfairly, repossessed. You need to get to the bottom of this.

Di

Comment

[QUOTE=Diana M;661411]Hello Rosie,

I'm exhausted just reading through your thread. Your fighting spirit is to be admired. I note your age and we are of the same vintage

My first question is what (if any) legal steps have Swift taken to recover the £17,500 shortfall they believe you've owed them since 2012?

Do you still have a copy of the Order for Possession? If not you may need to get that from the court.

Did you go to the hearing to defend the possession proceedings or was this a voluntary repossession (where you hand in the keys and walk away). If it was the latter you may have been asked to sign 'something' agreeing to pay the shortfall. It's hard to assess what went on without seeing the papers.

I can see you've made Herculean attempts to get the paperwork from them but out of everything they did send you was there a copy of the actual credit agreement?

You say you took out this product through a broker. Who was that? Are they still in business? At the time of the loan inception (2007) you should have been sent a KFI (Key Facts Illustration) which would/should have included any commission or fees paid to the broker. Did you get one of those? It should have been sent to you before you signed any credit/loan agreement.

I saw an earlier post where you quoted the FOS's attitude to your complaint. It hinted that the scope of your complaint was not something they would normally handle. What did they actually say?

Finally, and somewhat indelicately, how old would you have been when the 25 year term of this loan expired if it had run its full course? And how would you have been funding the repayments past your retirement age?

I don't need to say "don't give up" with your battle because I can sense you've no intention of stopping until you've put right what you see as a wrong.

You feel you were wrongly, possibly unfairly, repossessed. You need to get to the bottom of this.

Di[
                          /QUOTE]

Hi Di No Swift have not taken any legal steps apart from going to DMS. The first threat of repossession was in 2008 (July 2008) less than a year after being made redundant from my job and just before mum passed away. I went to court with Swift in the July and mum passed away in the August. Kensington took me to court just after mum had passed on the Monday.

It wasn't voluntary repossession and I never signed anything.

I never saw any Key Facts Illustration before signing the credit agreement. When I took out the SAR they did send me a copy of the credit agreement. I don't have the possession order now or unfortunately a copy of the Warrant for Eviction. A lot of things got lost in the repossession and a lot of things went "walkies"!

The FOS without actually saying it called me a liar and were very patronising. They didn't listen to what I was saying or took anything on board. They took Swift's side which they should not have done the whole scenario had "I'll scratch your back if you'll scratch mine" stamped all over it.

I would have been 85! I would have sold up long before that.

I asked for two days at the property to ensure I got all my possessions out this was refused. I was told afterwards that I would have been charged up front! I was told this when Swift phoned me a year after the sale of my property. Swift never told me when my property had been sold. What struck me as strange was that when I was at the council about two weeks after the repossession the housing lady said hadn't I had any money from the solicitors I said "no" the house wasn't even officially on the market then. I get a strong feeling that there has been some dodgy dealings going on.

Rosie

Comment

Originally posted by Fred View Post
                            Ah.........the FOS, no case law to work with perhaps the biggest issue, especially on second charge unregulated lending. We have put some really important points to them over the last year or so & had little by way of any replies. Keep on at them is all I can say.

It may be worth raising a complaint over the LIBOR issues pending who is involved CCA 140 b9 ;
                            If, in any such proceedings, the debtor or a surety alleges that the relationship between the creditor and the debtor is unfair to the debtor, it is for the creditor to prove to the contrary.]]

Hi Fred I will most certainly be keeping on at them if necessary until something is done. They need to get it into their thick skulls that I mean business. I am hoping this is the end of a three year battle if necessary I will fall back on your suggestion. Will keep you posted.

Rosie

Comment

Hi had a letter from Swift on Tuesday, they deny editing my email! Well there's a surprise not!

Swift state:

"with regards to where your name shows on the email I would like to clarify that any formatting changes may have been due to you sending the email from your phone and us printing it from a computer".

Printing a a copy of my email would not alter the formatting! Square brackets with my email address do not appear on their own! More lies! I am going back to the FOS in an attempt to finally get justice. I get the feeling Swift have not responded to the letter they received from the FOS but written direct to me.

This to me is the biggest load of rubbish I have heard in all my life! I think Swift have told so many lies they can't remember the last one they told.

Swift ft said they try to treat their customers fairly. I think whoever said that is seriously delusional!

i will keep fighting I have no intention of backing down.

Keep you posted

Rosie

Comment

A couple of points . Send another sar to swift and see what you get. Read Sparkles thread and PM him . Talk to your email provider and see if they have archived copies of your emails for the date in question.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X