• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Withdrawal from an online land acution contract

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I have said before, there are probably no formal tenancies anyway. The user may however have a right to claim one...

Comment

But there is a specific condition in the contract that there are no tenancies. That is in the contract - it is not a representation or statement made outside the contract. AS islandgirl says, you need to verify whether there is a tenancy.

Consult your solicitor as to your remedies.
      Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Visit the 'individual' again, see if anyone has ever spoken to him about 'attending horses' on the land?

Did you ask that when you spoke to him?

At some point someone must of said it's 'O.K.', you don't 'rock up' and 'attend horses' without asking first.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
          Visit the 'individual' again, see if anyone has ever spoken to him about 'attending horses' on the land?

Did you ask that when you spoke to him?

At some point someone must of said it's 'O.K.', you don't 'rock up' and 'attend horses' without asking first.

i did ask around, there is an equestrian business 5 meters from the entrance to the land, they confirmed he had been there for 10 years + . They also told me he is a traveler and i had guessed that from the horses.

When i spoke to him about the horses he said he rented it from some bloke in Coventry, i asked the name and was told he couldn't remember i asked how much he paid he said 150 per month and kept the field in good condition fixed the fencing, etc. i know this is not true as i have the details of the owner as a part of the auction and he lived in London.

Comment

OK so he has no tenancy but may be able to claim one if he can prove 10 years use and that he has tended the field and fixed fencing etc. I remember vaguely from some issues I had in the past that 10 years is the magical amount of time for a tenancy to be created if he is just using the land
            The problem will be evicting this person from the land

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X