• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How do I find information on a property...Ownership, mortgage, charges... PLSE HELP.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by islandgirl View Post
    and spend the price of a couple of pints!
    Land registry search £3
    Please tell me where your pub is.. the one that sells beer @£1.50 a pint

Comment

I was basing it on £6...I thought it had gone up from £3....Whichever it is, it will not break the bank and the OP can see what it tells them. To refuse to do so because it might not have the information they need is short sighted in my humble opinion (though that may change after a few £1.50 pints)

Comment

islandgirl I was not refusing to do the search, but the information is important and may be required for court proceedings, it is too important to waste time obtaining the wrong information.
        In fact, a call to the land registry and a very helpful person has established that a Title search would have only obtained basic information such as purchase price and name/s of owners. Therefore this would have indeed been pointless.

I've established that I need to fill in a 'historic' information form called a HC1and another one called an OC2 and send it together with £7 fee to the address.
        I am hoping that this will indeed provide the information that I required regarding the former owners and other information I required regarding charges and mortgage etc.

Comment

I am happy that you have moved forward in your search but it would have been quicker to download the document in question for a few quid in 5 minutes than discuss it here! I really hope the documents once completed give you the answers you need,.

Comment

islandgirl it is not possible to download historic (former owner) documents with all the information ℹ needed online.
            The only way of obtaining this information is by filling in the forms mentioned above and posting them, then I have to wait approx a week or so.

It's not as easy or straightforward as obtaining Current owner information or as easy as you suggest.
            Obtaining the information accessible online about the current owners would not have given me what I needed.

Comment

I did not say it was possible to download historic info merely that in your situation I would have spent the tiny amount of money and downloaded the docs to see what they said. i am pleased that you have found out how to get the info needed and wish you well.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X