• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. If this is your first visit to LegalBeagles and you need assistance then you can ask a question here;
    Create a Thread
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Temporary living arrangement out of hand.

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by jaguarsuk View Post

    She has no legal recourse because she is an excluded occupier, she can get all the legal aid in the world and I'm sure her solicitor will love racking up a bill sending you letters. When they do, simply post it here and I'll draft a response for you.

    You are correct, you can change the locks after the notice period and you can ask that she only returns with a police officer to recover her belongings or make arrangement for a neutral third party to attend to recover them. You cannot dispose of her belonging in anyway and you must ensure they aren't damaged or stolen to avoid falling foul of civil law.

    Just like she cannot apply for an order in the court nor can you, you are already in possession of your property and therefore you do not need to apply for a possession order.

    Apologies for the slow reply, I missed your post. Thank you for the advice, and your offer of further assistance. It is much appreciated. I will off course, keep you posted on progress. Fingers crossed, all goes smoothly.

    Thank you all, once again.


    View our Terms and Conditions

    LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

    If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

    If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.