• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Planning Control Section 171A(1)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning Control Section 171A(1)

• Pioneer 4th March 2019, 16:36:PM
    • Hi,
    I own a woodland & have a caravan on it to provide me with shelter & facilities. Initially, the planning Dept' wrote to advise I could not have the caravan there, & asked me to remove it & other items for my work there. I wrote to say that I have chickens, & gave reasons for my tools and equipment to be there. I had begun to build a wooden storage shed to secure these &feeds, which they had nothing to say about, though they were aware of it. I’m now told I require permission.

Received a 'Planning Contravention Notice', “The use of the land for residential purposes where no planning permission has been granted & no permitted development rights exist”.
    I advised that I would require my caravan to stay overnight, for example to look after sick animals, or to be here when I am burning charcoal (which I have not begun).
    They enclosed a form to provide info (my thoughts in brackets):
    1, What is my permanent address (not a problem)
    2, Have you ever stayed overnight at the location known as ** **. If the answer is YES how many nights within the last 12 months have you stayed on the land? (I have not told them that I have yet done so).
    3, What activities do you currently carry out on the land known as ** **? (Cutting, clearing and planting)
    4, Approximately how many hours per day do you carry out works identified in question 3 on the land known as ** **? (varies according to other work)
    5, OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE REPRESENTATIONS IN RESPONSE TO NOTICE
    If you wish to make an offer to apply for planning permission, or to refrain from carrying out any operations or activities, or to undertake remedial works; or to make any representations about this notice ( they go on to say I can go in person. I have no problem with going and seeking to apply for permission for my shed, but have no desire to be drawn into discussions on the use of my land that they may use against me).
    I don’t wish to say or do the wrong thing.
    Many thanks,
    Pioneer
    Tags: None

des8 ostell Thanks guys xxx ( The OP has had some issues getting the post to show up - trying to figure out why )
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi and welcome

I'm about to go out, but had a quick scout around and have found some pointers on this site https://www.woods4sale.co.uk/informa...egislation.htm

Will look back in later, possibly tomorrow

Comment

Thanks Des xxx
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Looked into this a bit deeper now.
          Basically there are permitted development rights relating to forestry (which probably includes woodland as there appear s to be no difference between them)
          which are set out here:http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1.../2/part/7/made.

You can't put a dwelling on site, and very unlikely to get PP for one.
          You need to run your plans past the planning officer to ensure you are not contravening, and it is easier to consult with him rather than being confrontational.
          I've found with planning it is better to tell them what you want and ask them how you can achieve your aims

Good luck

Comment

Many thanks for checking this out for me, and for the links (looking into them now). I've been studying this problem and trying to find the best way forward for a couple of weeks now, and I think your advice is probably the best way to go. Just signed up with DEFRA, so now listed as a small holding and registered the chickens I have, along with the livestock I intend to keep. Hopefully it'll help somewhat. Meeting planners tomorrow morning, so will swat up some more today and post the outcome after the meeting. Think I need all the luck I can get, so much appreciated.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X