• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Neighbour's indecent exposure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neighbour's indecent exposure

Hi All
    I live in a multi-occupancy residence and one neighbour engaged in what I would describe in mild terms as indecent exposure of himself in front of an online camera and in front of his window so that other residents could see everything he did. The sight of it was deeply disturbing. The management have only recently moved this person on, but many of us remain shocked to the core. Can we sue the management for the emotional hurt this has caused? If yes, who would I have to contact?
    No apology was ever issued for this. The management would not have allowed police on the grounds to make an end to this.
    Thank you for any help with this.
    Tags: None

The neighbour who acted extremely inappropriately is no longer a tenant or residing at the residence. The management moved him on, directly or indirectly due to the incident.

Was a report made to the police at the time? or not because residents were concerned about the reaction of managment ?

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

No report was made to the police at the time, because if one does one's tenancy is being terminated. Could still make a report though.

Comment

So if a crime happens at the residence, the management won't allow anyone to contact the police?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Yes, that's right. If you do call the police you will have a stern telling off and should you do so again you will be asked to leave on the spot.
          The problem I outlined above was a lot bigger than what I explained and which is NOT typical for this residence. At times, we feared for our lives in the time this resident lived there. As a simple answer: I was not able to move out right away.

Comment

Originally posted by Zamia
            Yes, that's right. If you do call the police you will have a stern telling off and should you do so again you will be asked to leave on the spot.
            The problem I outlined above was a lot bigger than what I explained and which is NOT typical for this residence. At times, we feared for our lives in the time this resident lived there. As a simple answer: I was not able to move out right away.
            Hello Zamia

Can i ask is this a private landlord where you live or something else, do you have a tenancy agreement

a AST

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X