• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Neighbour asking us to remove plant stand from communal area

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neighbour asking us to remove plant stand from communal area

A very petty issue has arisen.

A neighbour whom, to be frank, I do not have a good relationship with, has recently asked my wife to removed a semi-circular metal plant stand that has sat on the landing between his flat and mine since before he bought the flat some 15 years ago. It is no hindrance to anyone and I think he is just being petty. I have been informed of this by the OH as I am working away at the moment and have emailed this person and have asked him what right he has to tell me to removed the item.

The question I am asking is: does he have any legal right to have the stand removed?
    Tags: None

Presumably it's not causing an obstruction ?

Has he recently needed extra space to manoeuvre to access his flat maybe - wheelchair / sticks etc or given any reason why it's become a problem after 15 years ?

Otherwise are there rules on communal area in the lease agreements ? ( has he been fine tooth combing rules to try and cause a problem ?)

If your wife might feel threatened by him or concerned he might damage it while you are away maybe she could move it to appease him for now ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

He's had workmen in who left a mess and my wife ticked him off about it so this is his petty response.

He's opened a can of worms here for other residents have such in their areas of the communal stair. Plus, he is one of several households who have breeched the terms of the Deed by installing Sky dishes on the outside of the building. I have reminded him of this!

Comment

Your neighbour has no such right. However, your lease probably forbids you keeping things in the common parts of the building. If your neighbour complains to the freeholder/management company they may well tell you to remove the item.

As with all things neighbour-related, it's best to smooth things over, rather than getting confrontational. So, count to 100 before doing anything, and try to find out what's really upsetting your neighbour. Maybe he's allergic to flowers?

Comment

We are all homeowners and there is no factor.

I will have a look at the Deeds but I don't recall anything about leaving items on the landings.

There's bad blood between he and I over an attempt by him to raise the roof of the whole block and also he falsely claimed, on a planning application, that he had sole right to alter or build anywhere on the footprint of the block.

i have now heard he is demanding a meeting with everyone to discuss this.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X