• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Land Registry Searches

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Land Registry Searches

My wife and BIL are selling their late mother's property. They have exchanged contracts in early September with a one year completion period. The buyers have put two searches in at the Land registry since exchange, one on 24 September and one on 2 November. Could anyone explain why they are doing this at such irregular intervals, given the priority period is 30 days? Is there any point in doing this so long before completion?
    Tags: None

I just realised that it's thirty business days!

Comment

Yip that would be about right, 39 days so 30 business days near enough... just to confuse you though
      Originally posted by Land Reg
      Priority under an official search ends at midnight marking the end of the 30th working day after the day on which the official search application was received (rule 131 of the Land Registration Rules 2003). The definition of working day and business day (rule 217) are slightly different.

Completion within a year? bit vague isn't it?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
        Completion within a year? bit vague isn't it?
        Just my posting here is vague. There's a date in the contract.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X