• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Copyright Infringement - Previous Employer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copyright Infringement - Previous Employer

Hello all. First time poster hoping to find some advice from you guys.

My former employer has made a copyright infringement complaint against a video I have uploaded to YouTube. It is a video of a piece of machinery that they sold to a customer, and I installed a few years ago. They are not the manufacturer of the machine.

I recorded the video on my phone. There are no logos belonging to my previous employer in the video. They say that this is their material and have asked me to remove it from YouTube. Have I actually done anything wrong? I can't seem to find anything similar to this.

Thank you!
    Tags: None

Re: Copyright Infringement - Previous Employer

Have you uploaded the video in order to assist marketing of a new job/company ? When you took the video were you taking it for your employer, or just for your own records/interest ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi Amethyst,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I have made a link on my new employers website to my video, but I recorded it for my own interests like I did with everything I worked on.

Comment

Yip that'll be why then. You took the video whilst carrying out an installation of machinery for your previous employer. You have now linked to it from your new employer which could be intimated that the installation was being undertaken by your current company.

You could append the video with a statement that the installation was being undertaken by PREVIOUS COMPANY name ( although that probably defeats any marketing use it has )

Just do a new video.

If you intend to argue the point can you post a copy of the infringment claim up pls. Is your new employer aware of the issue ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Hi Amethyst,

I do understand why they're asking me to remove it as we are now a competitor of theirs! I don't have a problem removing it, as you say I can just do a new video as altering the description defeats the purpose. Just seemed petty, they have photographs of me used in marketing material that I'm not bothered about. Thanks for your help

Comment

It is, but it's not worth getting into prolonged arguments and potentially dragging your new employer into it. These kind of things can go wayyyyyyyy out of control if you're not careful so you have to consider carefully if it really matters.
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X