• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Submit "2 days before"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Submit "2 days before"

If all documentation to be relied upon needs to be submitted two days before, and the word business isn't included in Court instructions, then am I okay to state that I assumed it was two of any day? Hearing is Monday, I submitted docs on Saturday.
    Tags: None

Re: Submit "2 days before"

Two days is quite tight isn't it, particularly for a Monday hearing. You should be fine if they complain but think I'd have hedged my bets on Thursday.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Sorry I meant hearing is on Tuesday - submitted yesterday!

The Court gave me four days to give telephone number for the telephone hearing, and I sent that last Friday. Is that okay?

Comment

hearing is today?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Tomorrow sorry lol

Comment

Make sure you send a copy to the respondent as well, not just the court ( if required ) email or fax,, the give them a call make sure they recived it.
            crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Originally posted by andrew2332 View Post
              Tomorrow sorry lol
              pmsl... you're as bad as me for knowing what day it is.

So number for hearing on Wednesday was sent to court on Friday, so they'd have got it Monday so yes absolutely fine for the two days before order I really hope that's right now lol.
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Amethyst, unfortunately I think that is wrong.

CPR Part 3 says that where something is due to be done by reference to a number of days, that means clear days, meaning the day it takes place on and the event to which it refers don't count.

So, for a hearing on Wednesday, it would have to be with the court on the Friday.

(Part 3 also says Sat/Sun doesn't count).

You would be very unlikely to get the other side taking issue with it though and everyone knows the court doesn't look at stuff beforehand lol

Good luck for tomorrow, whatever it is!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X