• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

14 year old CCJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 14 year old CCJ

It is a family member paying on her credit card.

Would email be acceptable as in writing?

Comment

As said in my view you are being premature considering any payment.

Comment

Originally posted by andy58 View Post
        I would second that, but it looks like the OP has already made up their mind and made an offer. :ohwell:

Comment

Originally posted by andy58 View Post
          Same here, but there may be other curcumstances/issuse that you want to avoid in your life so paying it could be right for other reasons... 4K is a lot of money, for a very old debt. I might consider formaly offering the £ 2500 that you have. conditionally, stating on the offer that you do not consider that your the appropriate person to be paying this as you had agreement with your EX that bhe would pay, and the first you knew was 2009 and the only reason your paying it it because its causing current difficultys in your home life.

I really do think they would struggle in court just becuase of that. I dont imagin a judge would allow any interest on the original debt for the same reason. they did not inform you for 9 years.

there may be ways to not pay it, the best advice you had was Sit tight, that was from Celestine....a person that understands these issues inside out and works in the field.. I REALLY REALLY WOULD SUGGEST ASK ADVICE ON HERE BEFORE YOU DEAL WITH THE CO. AGAIN....
          crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy council View Post
            Same here, but there may be other curcumstances/issuse that you want to avoid in your life so paying it could be right for other reasons...
            That would be a good reason if he was being faced with enforcement action, which is why I asked the question as to whether they were attempting to enforce. The answer was no, they're not even threatening enforcement, all they've done since 2009 is send statements.

4K is a lot of money, for a very old debt. I might consider formaly offering the £ 2500 that you have. conditionally, stating on the offer that you do not consider that your the appropriate person to be paying this as you had agreement with your EX that bhe would pay, and the first you knew was 2009 and the only reason your paying it it because its causing current difficultys in your home life.
            With joint debts, each party is liable for the full amount of the debt, for example, if you have a joint debt with your wife and she goes bankrupt, you're still liable for the whole of the debt, not just your half.

I really do think they would struggle in court just becuase of that. I dont imagin a judge would allow any interest on the original debt for the same reason. they did not inform you for 9 years.
            Not for that reason, see above, the reason they'd struggle is because it hasn't been enforced in 14 years. :clock: :clock:

there may be ways to not pay it, the best advice you had was Sit tight, that was from Celestine....a person that understands these issues inside out and works in the field.. I REALLY REALLY WOULD SUGGEST ASK ADVICE ON HERE BEFORE YOU DEAL WITH THE CO. AGAIN....
            I suggested the very same thing on the post re-quoted below, hence the number of snoozing puppies.

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
            Originally posted by buggaluggs View Post
            I received the latest statement 2 weeks ago, already suffering with anxiety and depressions for unrelated matters and I decided to look into this as I was concerned as to them sending me statements but not actually asking for money, which I found odd!
            My guess is, the statements must be issued by an automated system that churns them out every year without anyone actually looking at the account.

Comment

What of a ccj from April 2009 and they have just contacted and even sent her a letter on her messages stating this account has been on hold, hold for what she's been at same address over that period, and not received owt from them, she sent a docs req and subject assess they as for proof of her details counsil bil ect and they will sent proof, of ccj and all info they hold. Is this enforceable now and why send her a latter it was on hold all this time, what's there motive, I don't trust them.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X