• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

"Enforcement" under CCA law

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Enforcement" under CCA law

Hi,

Now, I realise that some time ago it was detrmined by a court that the matter of placing a Default on your credit file was not to be consiodered "Enforcement" under the CCA 74 (where agreement found to be UNenforceable).

I forget the case that dealt with this - could someone point to it as reference?

So, what situation would we need to have to get this somewhat ridiculous set of events overturned in a higher court?

As in, to get a higher court to determine placing a Default on someones credit file for a debt that cannot be enforced by a court is unreasonable
    Tags: None

Re: "Enforcement" under CCA law

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Comm/2009/2386.html

Ask pt2537. I believe I recall that there may be some possibility of challenge going on?

Comment

Re: "Enforcement" under CCA law

The default marker is a record of payment history, so there is no way of having it removed unless it was mistakenly placed, enforceanility of the agreement has nothing to do with entries on the credit record.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X