• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help and advice please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help and advice please

My 15 year old son was accosted by a mature man whilst walking home with his friend last week....He was not injured as such but was very shaken up and scared by the incedent....He was grabbed by the throat, verbaly abused, pushed to the ground, & held down, by the man, across his chest and neck...He had his Tee shirt ripped from about his neck.....luckily the police were in the area in an unmarked car and saw the man lunging at my son and were able to move in and take control of the situation fast...Who knows what the outcome would have been if they hadn't been already in the area? We are taking this man to court for assult but we're not really sure if or son would be entitled to make a claim and if so who would we claim from ??? Our local council??? Any words of advice would be greatly appreciated.......Thanks in advance.................Tommy Clarke

Re: Help and advice please

Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme

If you have been injured because of a violent crime, for example a physical assault or sexual offence, you can apply for compensation under the Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme. It does not matter whether the offender has been caught, but there are other rules which will determine whether or not you receive compensation.
    More information is available from the CICA website www.cica.gov.uk or you can call free on 0800 358 3601. The lines are open from 8:30am to 8pm Mondays to Fridays, and from 9am to 1pm on Saturdays.
    CICA works closely with organisations such as Victim Support and your local branch can explain how you make your claim. They can give you an application form and guidance documents and can help you to fill out the form.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: Help and advice please

Criminal Compensation - they get it (the criminal) , Fractured skull (iron bar) robbed at work NO COMPENSATION from them is my story.

Thank goodness the Police were nearby, what the hell is going on in this country??? Good luck in your pursuit.

Victim Support response (They must of had a bad day) what do you want us to do about it. so all round non help, when I needed it.

Comment

Re: N244 Notice - Help and advice please

I have to mahe an N244 Production Disclosure Application to get defendant to disclose documents they have so far declined to provide, despite formal pre-action protocol request .... can anyone help/adise me on a few points on how to complete this Application?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X