• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Is this default notice 'kosher'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this default notice 'kosher'

I'm in a payment plan with Cap 1. we are in dispute regarding the mis selling of PPI whch is under investigation by the FOS.

After 4 years, they've recently sent me the following, any ideas as to it legality or why Cap 1 have taken his action after so long

------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
    Letter sent in response to the above

Dear Mr Banker
    Thank you for you letter dated xxxxxxx the contents of which are noted. I remind you that we are in dispute regarding the legitimacy of your charging regime and the mi-selling of Payment Protection Insurance.
    To provide further evidence of this dispute, Cap 1 stated in their letter, ref xxxxxxxxx dated xxxxxx that the Financial Ombudsman Service has been in contact regarding their investigation.
    I am still awaiting a response from Capital One with regard to my claim of £xxxxxx, as a refund of Payment Protection Insurance.
    Capital one is already reporting the status of the account inaccurately and I have asked your Ms Banker to amend this record accordingly. Any negative change to the current status will result in an immediate complaint to my local trading standards officer and the Information Commissioners Office.
    Further, with regard to your default notice, you claim I am in breach of s 16 of my credit agreement, I’m afraid the T&Cs I have do not reflect your claim that I have broken my agreement with Cap 1. The s 16 in the T&Cs I have refer to lost or stolen cards and PIN, therefore the default notice you threaten is not legally binding.
    If you state the T&Cs I hold are inaccurate then I will of course inform the Information Commissioners Office that you have failed to comply with my date Subject Access Request dated xxxxxxxx for all data on all systems.
    Until such time as the dispute is resolved, Office of Fair Trading guidance recommends no enforcement action be taken therefore you may not place any default on my credit report. Please confirm, within 10 days, that no default will be applied to this account until such time as our dispute over Payment Protection Insurance repayments is resolved.
    In closing, should you ignore this request I will, lawfully, with hold payments until such time as the Financial Ombudsman Service decides on our dispute. In that case, I would be happy for Capital to test the legality of the agreement in court and in this way we may finally resolve the issue of enforceability.
    You may use the email address above to inform me of your intentions regarding your action to place a default on my record.

Yours Sincerely
    Last edited by frisp; 30th May 2009, 09:07:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity. (Motto of the Kings of Scotland)

Re: Is this default notice 'kosher'

Bog Roll !!!
    No mention of what the agreement breach is, how to remedy it or within what time scale !!!

Comment

Re: Is this default notice 'kosher'

Cheers CB
      Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity. (Motto of the Kings of Scotland)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X