• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Are Double Yellow Lines Valid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Double Yellow Lines Valid

Sometime ago, my local Council painted double yellow lines up and down our road on junctions, including outside mine.

However, there is no signage accompanying them.

Someone I know told me under the Highway Code, for double yellow lines to be valid, there has to be visible signage.

A friend of mine got a parking ticket whilst being parked on these double yellow lines.

Can I ask what section under the Highway Code does this come under and can he argue his parking ticket with this is this is the case?
    Tags: None

Ask this person you know whether he has any authority for his proposition.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Double yellow lines mean no waiting at any time, unless there are signs that specifically indicate seasonal restrictions.(https://www.highwaycodeuk.co.uk/road-markings.html)
      There is no requirement for any signage, so I would just pay up.

Comment

I would check that the lines are complete all the way along the stretch parked upon and ended with 'T' at each end.

If the paint has rubbed off anywhere (unlikely if they are new) or they have forgotten to cross the ends or one end the ticket is not valid.
        COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by jaguarsuk View Post
          I would check that the lines are complete all the way along the stretch parked upon and ended with 'T' at each end.

If the paint has rubbed off anywhere (unlikely if they are new) or they have forgotten to cross the ends or one end the ticket is not valid.
          I have just looked, there is no T at the double yellow lines begining or end.

I'm guessing then that makes them invalid?

Comment

Just to be sure, 'T' I mean that they should end as they do in the first image on this site: https://www.drivingtesttips.biz/doub...low-lines.html

If they do not then the ticket isn't valid as the lines are incorrectly painted and an appeal should be made.
            COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by jaguarsuk View Post
              Just to be sure, 'T' I mean that they should end as they do in the first image on this site: https://www.drivingtesttips.biz/doub...low-lines.html

If they do not then the ticket isn't valid as the lines are incorrectly painted and an appeal should be made.
              No, the ends of the double yellows don't look like that LOL

Comment

That used to be the case, but the The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016 now includes the variant to diagram 1018.1: "the transverse mark at the end of the line may be omitted"

The lack of T marking does not make the pcn unenforceable.

Comment

Unless he has a Blue Badge ?.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X