• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Luke vs Mr nasty

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luke vs Mr nasty

Please help my friend has died leaving 50% to her husband and 25% to each of her teenage kids . The step dad is giving son dogs life and asked him to leave. My question is he entitled to ask for his 25% of approx 150000 house . Hope you can help thanks
    Tags: None

Does your friend have a copy of his mum's Will ? It will depend on the wording - the husband may have a life interest over the children's half of the property.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I am sure he can get it but they not children anymore they are both 19 and 21. Step dad has met another and is been off with S kids

Comment

Aye, they're still 'the children' ( or 'issue' ) of the deceased whatever their ages - so whether the property can be sold and the estate distributed will depend on exactly what the Will said. Do you know if the property was owned by Mum and Stepdad jointly, and if so were they beneficial joint tenants or tenants in common ? Is Stepdad living in the property ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

The house was bought by S's dad who lived in property . S died suddenly so D, S's dad left 50 percent to S ex husband and 25 percent each to S kids . C, the ex husband and S kids are still there plus C has moved another woman in too .. thanks so much for help

Comment

Has D died?
            Sorry, should clarify, if S didn't own the house, as her father, D, had purchased it and he is the legal owner, then S couldn't leave the house to her husband, or her children. If D has died, then the house would pass as per his own will. It also depends who died first, if D left the house to S, but he died after her, then it would be down to the wording of the will as to whether it passed to S's estate still and then on to her husband and children as per her will.
            Also, were S and C divorced when she died? ( just as you're referring to him as ex-husband )
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

No the were together till the end C an S. . Sorry it was D, S's dad who left 50 to C and 25 to each kid ..... D bought it for all family to live in . S sudden death wasn't expected before D

Comment

C has another woman and his pushing kids out I don't believe

Comment

I dont believe what he is doing is right seen has kids have 50 percent share .... both kids are great but could do with help an direction . Thanks for your help

Comment

Okay, so D owned the house at the time of his death. His will left 50% of the property to C, and 25% each to S children ( S had passed prior to D so was D will 50% to S but due to her death it went to her children instead in equal shares - or did he specifically leave 25% each to each child ).

You'd need the wording of the Will still I'm afraid to know whether C has a life interest in the property ( ie whether the kids can force a sale of the property now to release their inheritance )

( are we using false names here btw? If not it might be an idea if I go back and change them to just initials just to prevent any identification of the parties issues )
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Initials would be good idea . It was to be 50 50 between C an S . When she died it was changed by D to 50 to C and 25 each to S kids ....... Will get copy of will tomo ... Thanks so much for your help , both kids have learning difficulties and I believe they are been manipulated a little

Comment

Sounds like a tough situation all round. It's good that you want to help - can't really say much without having the wording from the will as there's often caveats in there. Once we have that I'll tag in Peridot to have a look as she'll have a good idea of their options.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X