• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Custody after cocaine attack help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custody after cocaine attack help

Concerned for my 10 yr old son. His mother was recently attacked badly while he was with me. My concern is cocaine was involved. She has used it before but I was under the impression that stopped a long time ago and am now concerned for his safety while he is with her. I dont know if a drug dealer will turn up on her doorstep and this will happen again. Would I ha e a chance at custody? She has had alcohol problems in the past and recently took him to the pub and got extremely drunk to the point he was very upset and her parents ended up dropping him off to me.
    Tags: custody, drugs

I assume that by "custody" you mean the transfer of responsibility for the child's welfare from the parents to you - Guardianship.

That can only be done by Order of the court, and then only after a great deal of investigation, usually initiated by social services.

If you have concern about the child's welfare, your only option, aside from asking both parents to address their parenting, is to seek the advice of social services on whether it is prepared to intervene.

Comment

I believe the poster is the child's father?

Is there a child arrangements order in place?

Do you have concerns that the mother is partaking in cocaine use whilst she has care of your child ? Or is this a case of a blow out when she had a night off due to you having the child ?

You can make an application to amend or instigate a child arrangements order, as epfom says it will likely result in investigation through Cafcass and the child wishes taken into account as well as both parents circumstances.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X