• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Divorce help please.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorce help please.

I have left my wife and living separately as things weren't going great due to her drinking ect. The house was part rent part buy with the council. The mortgage is an interest only mortgage that she had before we met. Then house has equity and we don't have children together. The house is in her previous married name but has no ties to her ex. We don't have savings together and our pensions are our own, both agreed to this. I really want be best, fastest and cheapest way to get divorced. I don't even mind not getting anything from the house as in equity. Just need a divorce ASAP for a clean start for us both. Thanks
    Tags: None

you have started another thread stick to this one pls

Comment

divorce by agreement (No Blame) ( wonder if new system has come in yet?_) Peridot

Comment

Is your wife likely to contest a divorce ? Unfortunately we don't yet have no fault divorce without a 2 year separation period and both parties agreeing - So to petition for divorce before two years you would need to give reason - in your case likely ' unreasonable behaviour'.

You likely want to get a clean break financial arrangements agreement in place as well sealed by consent.

Are you on the tenancy for the rental part of the property? or is that just in her name too ?

Court fee for divorce application is £550.
        To seal the consent order £100.

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

The rental is in her name to. She will not contest the divorce.

Comment

Probably quite straightforward then. Gov.uk has a quite simple to follow step by step guide with links to the relevant forms. https://www.gov.uk/divorce
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Anodiser View Post
              I have left my wife and living separately as things weren't going great due to her drinking ect. The house was part rent part buy with the council. The mortgage is an interest only mortgage that she had before we met. Then house has equity and we don't have children together. The house is in her previous married name but has no ties to her ex. We don't have savings together and our pensions are our own, both agreed to this. I really want be best, fastest and cheapest way to get divorced. I don't even mind not getting anything from the house as in equity. Just need a divorce ASAP for a clean start for us both. Thanks
              I just saw your post and even my friend was in the same situation even they had some misunderstandings and decided to move on . and then she found the best attorneys from Connect2Attorney.com They really help people who are dealing with such situations with ease.*I hope you find it useful.

Comment

Hope this question is still relevant for you. Because I can give you a couple of tips on this. The first thing you need to do is calm down. Divorce is always difficult and emotional, but the main thing is to remain calm and keep your mind cold. When my husband and I thought about divorce (by the way, this didn't happen, we all decided peacefully and were glad that we thought about it better), we studied various online services for divorce. Since there are many of them, they are relevant in our time, we couldn't choose for ourselves suitable. Therefore, we were advised to pay attention to the review of online divorce services. Actually, we live in the USA, so the site we used is based on .com. But I advise you to find something similar in the UK. Good luck with that!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X