• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with property division during divorce

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with property division during divorce

Going through divorce in Salt Lake City with my husband, we both came to mutual agreement about this after visiting a family therapist for a month. The house belongs to me by the documents, he moved on at my place after we start dating. In that case, does the house gonna stay mine after divorce? Also, is there a possible way to prepare document for divorce by yourself, as i've said, we both decided to went through divorce so i think we can solve everything in a peaceful way, and we don't want to spend $2000 on lawyers. Any advice are appreciated, thanks!
    Tags: None

Unfortunately you have posted on a UK based forum so you are unlikely to get a response appropriate for Salt Lake City. Here we would draft a financial arrangements consent order to be lodged with the court so it's probably similar over there.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks you for advice anyway! I was already consulting to a few lawyers I never thought that divorce can be so expensive. We have a mutual agreement about property division with my ex-partner, that's why i want to fill all papers by myself without paying attorneys fee. I understand that you have a different law, but just curios asking - how long usually divorce takes? Also, do you have any recommendations about divorce services, is it okay to use 3rd party companies for filling the divorce? I’ve found a website of firm located at my state while browsing for divorce forms that needed - https://divorceonlineutah.com, and now I’m considering if it's okay to give a personal information so i would need your opinion on that as well.

Comment

You seem not to have understood that this website is focused on the laws of the United Kingdom, and that you are seeking advice on divorce proceedings in the State of Utah, one of the United States of America, it is extremely unlikely that you will source any practical help on here.

You may find the link below helpful.

https://www.utcourts.gov/howto/divorce/
        Last edited by efpom; 25th July 2019, 18:13:PM. Reason: removed word "because"

Comment

Originally posted by efpom View Post
          You seem not to have understood that this website is focused on the laws of the United Kingdom, and that you are seeking advice on divorce proceedings in the State of Utah, one of the United States of America, it is extremely unlikely that you will source any practical help on here.

You may find the link below helpful.

https://www.utcourts.gov/howto/divorce/
          Thank you for support very much! I think i'll listen to your advice and seek for help from a local attorney. Also thank you for a source, at least i have an outline now of what i need to do.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X