• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Trying to separate but being punished for doing so

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to separate but being punished for doing so

Hi I’ve been with my other half 13 years, married for 11. Eldest daughter now 18 is mine from a previous relationship & the hubby & I have 2 kids together - age 6 & 10.

There’s been issues with emotional abuse from my husband & he’s an alcoholic. He’s not got on well for years with my 18 year old and the emotional abuse started with her before he moved on to me. Things he’s done are leaving her outside waiting to get in after school claiming he never heard her knocking, smashing up her room when we’ve not been in and blaming the cats for it. With me I’m disabled and can’t drive and he’ll do things like refusing to take me places or refuse to pay his share of the bills if things don’t go his way.

We’ve not shared a room or had any physical contact for 4 years, I’m the one holding it all together whilst he sits in his own room drinking. He says he doesn’t have a problem and it’s all in my head. I’ve been in the room and found empty whisky bottles stashed everywhere and I’m told daily how he’s been the shop and purchased another bottle although he denies this. There’s been important days that he’s missed like Christmas Day and celebrations because he drinks and can’t function.

I’ve asked for a divorce and he threatens to take the youngest kids or at least one of them. His parents help out with childcare and school runs as we both work and one child is also disabled and has transport to and from school so someone needs to be here and I’ve stressed that nothing like that needs to change & we can all carry in with family things for the sake of the kids.

I barely go out these days because I live in fear of what may happen if I’m not there like him smashing things up or him taunting my eldest. He also seems to have a jealous streak and if she & I are sat together talking he’ll come sit and listen and it’s a weird feeling.

we also can’t make any noise at night and are yelled out if we do make any sounds. We had a bit of banter earlier he shot out of his room and told us all to shut up. Then came a message of now his parents won’t babysit on Sunday as it’s my daughters birthday and we’d arranged a meal and his parents to babysit the younger 2.

it’s like he’s trying to trap me inside and I feel overwhelmed by his actions. He will go work and 20 minutes later I’ll get a message asking how the kids are yet he’s not been gone long. If I don’t answer him on messenger he’ll then send a text and I’ve asked him to stop that. If we go out around a shop he’s at the back of me all the time if I break off he’ll find me and scour the trolley for what’s in there.

In also told daily to pay his parents £9000. This is some money they have to us that we could use to put towards a house deposit. I was told it was. A gift my husband says he agreed to pay it back the money went in my account but he spent it on anything and everything now years down the line im being told I have to repay it not him.

im absolutely scared I can’t cope please help
    Tags: None

It seems to me you are suffering domestic abuse and you need to remove yourself and your children from that environment before the violence becomes physical.
    You should consider contacting an organisation like Women's Aid (https://www.womensaid.org.uk/)

​​​​​​​Tagging Celestine who probably has more appropriate advice

Comment

Please send me a private message. Absolutely this is coercive controlling abuse. You need professional support, self care, people to believe in you and a plan for the future. All are achievable and you’ve taken an important emotional step by talking to us. Xx
      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X