• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Throwing out my Dad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throwing out my Dad

I live with my parents and my wife.

My old man retired 14 years ago and since then, he has always been jealous of me and my mum as we continued to work and earn. His jealousy kept increasing and he started thinking of ways to harm us. e.g. He phoned/wrote emails to our friends , family friends, HMRC, etc. and made up stories to put us in their bad books. Since then, we have not had any guests come to our house. Shortly after, he was always in a bad mood and would yell / cause verbal fights in the house all the time. At one point, my younger sister ( who lived with us back then ) called the Old Bill and they came round and took him away for a night. He was given a warning and set free.

My mum then forcibly took him to our GP and the Doctor diagnosed that he was suffering depression. He was given medication and he started taking it. Eventually, he himself decided not to take these anymore without our knowledge. He was still miffed about the GP and the Old Bill incident and he was soon back to his old ways. This time, he changed his ways. He would act nice or stay quiet around us but would then do his evil deeds in the background.

I got married three years ago and my wife moved in with me. My wife is housewife and stays at home with my Dad. He has been poisoning my wife's mind with fabricated stories and has now caused heightened tensions between me & my wife. It has become so bad that I am determined to divorce her in the near future.

At this point, I have just had it and would like to throw away all the bad apples from our house and start with a clean slate. I need to get rid of the Kingpin i.e. my Dad. I am infuriated that both me and my mum ( sister now lives on her own elsewhere ) work hard to put food on the table and pay the bills while my Dad stays home in comfort and causes problems for us.

My mum owns the house and both she and I pay the mortgage. My Dad had paid £10k deposit when we first bought the house.

Legally, what is the best way to throw him out of the house?
    Tags: None

contact social services, get their advice
    Last edited by MIKE770; 19th May 2021, 06:14:AM.

Comment

husband and wife jointly own the house, you are 3rd party but they are on the deeds????

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
        husband and wife jointly own the house, you are 3rd party but they are on the deeds????
        The house is in my mum's name only. Dad only paid the deposit when we initially bought the house.

Comment

well he is entitled to a share if ever it came to it! as spouse. if there is a genuine problem contact social services in the mean time to assess situation and if he is, as far as your wife is concerned then there is a major problem there, you cannot sling him out just like that, get social services involved??

Comment

I have checked with my mum and Dad's name is definitely not in the deed. Now, my Dad has asked my wife to get social services involved to deal with me.
            Is there no other legal way apart from me approaching social services?

Comment

You don't say what your mother wants.
              Is she in agreement with your views?
              If she wants him out, she should perhaps consider divorce.

If you don't like the situation why don't you move out with your wife and set up your own household?
              It might improve the relationship between you and your wife.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
                You don't say what your mother wants.
                Is she in agreement with your views?
                If she wants him out, she should perhaps consider divorce.

If you don't like the situation why don't you move out with your wife and set up your own household?
                It might improve the relationship between you and your wife.
                Yes, my mum is in complete agreement. Divorce will lead the way to the sale of our property and my Dad will benefit from half the sale price. We do not want that.
                I am not financially sound ( thanks to Covid and redundancy ), hence moving out is not an option. And, I fear the damage has already been done in my relationship with my wife.

Comment

You might not wish your father to have to what he is entitled because of his behaviour, but I don't see any other options other than possibly a complaint about his abusive behaviour to social services.
                  You will need to keep a record of all incidents over a period

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X