• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

False Paternity issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• False Paternity issue

I have just found out I'm the father of a 12 year old child,I'm 56 and recently married.Seems the mother assumed her estranged partner was the child father or wanted it to be.As hes no longer with the mother he did a paternity test and found out hes not the father.To cut a long story short hes now trying to sue me for to get his money back.I genuinely sympathise but no way do I have that sort of money and I'm worried I could be forced to sell my home.I had no knowledge of this child and it's a complete shock,what are my options,I'm in the UK.
    Tags: None

Have you had a test to confirm that you are the child's biological father ?

What is this man actually suing you for ? How much ? Presumably costs of raising the child for the last twelve years - or has he limited it to what you may have been obliged to pay in child maintenance ? How far along the process is the claim ?

Was he on the child's birth certificate as father ( so accepted parental responsibility) and was he married to the mother (and did they marry before or after the birth of the child ?)

Also has he taken action against the mother ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you for the response.The mother has three other children with the ex so presumably is in no position to defund any back payments.He is on the childs birth certificate,and I have no idea he has progressed legally but has told me through the mother that he will sue me to get the money back.The child is definitely mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Duffster62 View Post
        The child is definitely mine.
        You've done the DNA test then?

Comment

Yes I have

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X