• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Indirect contact.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indirect contact.

Hi, I am looking for some advice about a court order that has been for indirect contact for my ex for my daughter. There’s a history of DV, violence, mental, emotional, and financial abuse, against me and both my daughters, only 1 child is his. The court granted indirect contact while court is still on going. He is only allowed to send cards and letters once a month......this got granted in July! In August he sent 2 forms of indirect contact.....a letter which including photos which isn’t allowed and a card sent via a online shop which also had a photo on which once again isn’t allow. Also his solicitor is sending letters with every letter stating they want a reply to know the indirect contact has been received, the letters go to my dads house as I have a restraining order against him. But it’s not in the court that my dad had to reply to there letters, or that he would even been receiving letters from his solicitor, and also not only was there 2 in one month and the photos he has now missed a month. Because he is continually breaking the court order what can I do? Thanks
    Tags: None

Court is still ongoing, so keep hold of everything he, and his solicitors send, and when preparing for the next hearing include details of the correspondence in your submissions, and detail your concerns.

Did the indirect contact order specifically say no photographs ? Presumably the indirect contact is only between himself and his daughter and not your other daughter?
    Presumably he has decided a card and a letter are different so has sent a letter AND a card in one month. He didn't send anything in September, and potentially may say that this is because he didn't know if your daughter had received it following the request from his solicitor to respond.
    Indirect contact can take a little bit to bed down and get used to, when it is a temporary arrangement just keep hold of anything and raise it with your solicitors to include in the next part of the hearings, particularly if you want to argue against it continuing.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

It states in order cards and letters only nothing extra. Also I didn’t state that my dad to reply to anything from his solicitor. Also he started sending the so she would receive them at end of month because that’s when her birthday is. And now there has been nothing.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X