• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice on solicitor / ex partner conduct

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on solicitor / ex partner conduct

Just been through the family courts with my ex partner as he wanted a different CAO. We have a resolution so that part of it is fine for the time being.

However, there was a bit of mud slinging from the other side, one part being my ex partner made a ludicrous accusation that my current partner had been in jail, and was quite specific about offences he was allegedly convicted of. I have no idea why this claim would be made especially considering my partner doesn’t even have a criminal record. I told his solicitor and his barrister both that this was complete fantasy, and i can only see this was a fabrication made to portray me in some horrible light.

Is there anything that can be done about this? Considering I told both solicitor and barrister that it was a lie, yet they still used it in his position statement and statement of issues which they presented to court, knowing that I had told them it was untrue. My partner is upset by this and I feel awful that he’s been dragged into this in such a horrible and cruel manner, I’m also worried that the judges took on board his catalogue of lies including this one and it’s painted an untrue picture of me.
    Tags: None

https://www.herts.police.uk/Informat...use/Clares-Law
    If it is in that kind of realm of offences then you may be able to check if there is any truth behind the allegations made by your ex partner ( without anyone being aware that you have checked ). Have you mentioned that the allegations are false in your position statement ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I mentioned it in my position statement, and then they proceeded to add it into the statement of issues. They gave an issue that ‘ between x date and x date’ I regularly went away at the weekend to visit my partner in prison. I know this to be untrue, because during those dates I didn’t go to any prisons lol, it’s just a complete lie from my ex partner

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X