• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Enforcement of Non Molestation Order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enforcement of Non Molestation Order

Hello all, I have a NMO against my spouse which the police will not enforce unless he uses or threatens violence. He has continually harassed, coerced and threatened me, but the police have taken no action. I now would like to make a Committal Application (under Part 81 CPR) for contempt of this NMO in the County Court that issued the NMO. Does anyone have any pointers for me, including a draft template of how form N244 needs to be completed please? Is a claim no. on form N244 the same as the Case Number on the NMO? Thanks in advance for any advice.
    Tags: None

What are the terms of the Non Molestation Order you have ? ( ie is he directly in breach of those terms )
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

The NMO I have has 7 specific terms and one 'catch all' term as I call it, typed in bold, forbidding him to instruct or encourage any other person, including the children, to do anything which he is forbidden to do by the terms of the NMO. The 7 specific terms relate to : 1. the use or threat of any unlawful violence; 2 Sending any threatening or abusive communication; 3. Communicate other than regarding the children 4. Threaten the Applicant 5. Damage, attempts or threats to damage any property. 6. Damage, attempts or threats to damage or discard any contents of matrimonial home. 7. Intimidate, molest or harass Applicant.

I have catalogued a list of specific conduct by my spouse (the Respondent of the NMO) which are in breach of one or more of those 7 and the 'catch all' terms - apart from term 1. It's just that I have never completed a form N244 before, and this is my first Committal Application. So, any advice you can give me as to how to go about completing this form as well as the drafting of the committal order itself and the drafting of the affidavit in support of the application, will be much appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X