• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Access to my Granddaughter & False Allegations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Access to my Granddaughter & False Allegations

Hi everyone, new to the forum, looking for some advice regarding my granddaughter currently on a S20, however she has been involved with SS almost 3yrs. Its a long complicated story, I am paternal grandmother and I recently requested a copy of personal information regarding myself held by SS, (I had a feeling something just wasn't right) and I was kept very much in the dark by my son, we do not have a very good relationship and he used my granddaughter as a weapon against me, He is a violent person with a long criminal history and a drug user, and currently on remand. When I received the info I couldnt believe what my son had told them about me, in fact I was really concerned that they had put this in a report without even clarifying any of it was true, because of this I am not allowed to see my granddaughter, I have now filed a complaint which has been partially upheld!!? and have been invited to meet with the social worker to discuss this, however I am not happy that they can actually put things like this in writing in a report without clarifying if its true or not, my son has lied to them leading them to believe I am of bad character. Advice please anyone

many thanks
    Last edited by Tallooola; 13th September 2018, 23:13:PM.
    Tags: None

Hi, I need some advise please I feel like I`m going crazy!!!

A close family member has made a statement of allegations about me to Children's Services that is is untrue, the first allegation was in April via text messages to myself which I passed straight over to police (at this time the police were carrying out investigations on him re domestic violence), the 2nd I have recently found out via request of access to personal information. The first allegation is that I abused him as a child, around 10yrs of age, for eg. locking him naked in cupboards for hours, hitting him with sticks, putting him in cold baths, threatening to inform police if i didnt do as he said, 2nd allegation is that i sent him to live with his father at 11yrds old as I was and alcoholic and a drug user and couldnt support him, again totally untrue. I believe these allegations have deliberately been made to lead children's services to believe I am of bad character and an attempt to justify his actions of why he is a violent person and block me from having contact with his daughter who is currently going through care proceedings. He is a known persistent offender and a violent person and currently on remand waiting trial, I also have an injunction on him. Police have said it isnt a police matter as he hasn't reported this to them. I do have in my possession some evidence that can help prove the second allegation is untrue, I have tried to back this up with details of child benefit, schooling, my employment history, school reports, ettc, as I now have to prove to Childrens Services this is untrue before I am allowed contact with his daughter. I am considering taking civil action against him for defamation of character.

Thanks for taking the time to read this complicated post!!!

Comment

Hi Tallooola, I've merged the threads and moved both to the Family Law section of the forum.

What is the current situation with Childrens Services ?

Your granddaughter is going through care proceedings, have you put in an application for contact or residency with you which has led to your Son making these allegations?

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi and thank you for replying. It is a very long and complicated situation. my grandaughter is subject to S20, voluntary and currently staying at maternal grandma`s, mum is at her own house, she has been involved with childrens services over 2 yr she is 3 now, due to parents abusing drugs, domestic violence,, he committed a very serious act of violence against mum however they both lied and he was released , this was how SS first became involved. Son is mid 30`s eldest of 4, has been involved with crime (violence, fighting, drugs) from around 12yrs old, and eventually led to being permanently excluded from school in year 11 mid term, (also has 2 boys to another person), his (career) escalated following release from HMP 5 years ago, (section 18) he became a dealer and thought he was very important, I must also add here I do not in any way condone his behaviour, I believe it is morally wrong in so many ways, he cannot accept responsibility for his actions, disregards the law, a very convincing manipulative liar, I did make it clear that i did`nt think it was right. He went on to meet mom of his daughter, For the following 2 years we fell out quite a few times each time I was stopped from seeing my grandaughter, each time he blamed me, he added fictitious story lines, he actually made people think that I should be sectioned, he did some terrible terrible things, eventually I had no option other that to report this as he was getting out of control. he also took my cat and killed her, smashed my car windows, I eventually had a restraining order placed on him in April, which leads up to the circumstances now. In December 2017 he started up a relationship with someone else within a few month the violence, abuse etc started with the new partner, he seriously got out of control, the reason he gave to his gf of why he acts this way was that I abused him when he was 10, he then bombarded me with texts while his gf was with him saying "everything was my fault as I abused him he even went into details (all of which I still have and Police took a copy). Over the next 2 weeks he was crazy, he threatened her family and me, he tampered with her heating boiler leaving it dangerous, beat her, pushed her and her 2yr old son out of his van at 60 mph, he was eventually arrested and bailed, He had to attend a SS meeting due to the police charges, he went on to inform them that I had abused him, he did not at any time report this to police. While he was on bail he committed further offences against mum of my gd leading to more serious charges, he was remanded, waiting trial. mum agreed to a voluntary S20, I tried to contact gd`s SW several times and eventually received a call back which is when she advised I could`nt have contact due to sons allegation, which prompted me into requesting access to information about myself within the case file. After reading the contents I made a formal complaint regarding unfounded information within the file, this has been partially upheld and I`m attending a meeting in 2 weeks, this is where i`m at now.

I`ve attempted to shorten my story if you have any questions please ask away, I appreciate any advice you can give me.

Many Thanks

Comment

Hi

I forgot to add that I reported the allegations to police Friday, however they have said its a SS`s matter not theirs. I am wondering if I should take it to a civil court, I do have evidence that the 2nd allegation is untrue and should I apply to be party to proceedings, and a care arrangement order re contact?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X