• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
  • LegalBeagles® is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Where does my sister go from here?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Where does my sister go from here?

    Long story short, my neice ( aged 9) lives with her dad ( sisters ex) and has done since December 2016 when she was removed ( via a section 20 signing) by social services due to neglet and my sisters breakdown. from January 2017 till april 2017 my sister saw her a few times ( visits went well ) and spoke on the phone once or twice, then all of a sudden niece no longfer wanted to see or hear from her. case closed june 2017. First court date was September 2017 after her ex refused mediation and a section 7 report was to be done. cafcass spoke to all concerned and by February sister was allowed weekly email contact. residency order given to dad and court suggested by june 2018 to encouraged phone calls between mum and daughter and eventual contact to start july 2108. well no phone calls as dad says daughter doesn't want to talk to mum yet and not to book time off work for contact as its too soon, he thinks even this Christmas for contact is too soon
    this has been going on too long now what can she do please?
    Tags: None

  • #2
    Originally posted by dancingqueen17 View Post
    court suggested by june 2018 to encouraged phone calls between mum and daughter and eventual contact to start july 2108.
    All depends if this was put in the order, if it was then he has to comply or she will return to court for breach of it.

    If it's not in the order then she will have to take him back to court to gain access again.

    My posts on this forum are offered based on my experience dealing with a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training and if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact the CAB. If you follow anything I write on this forum you do so at your own risk and I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

    I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.


    View our Terms and Conditions

    LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

    If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

    If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.




    Find family law specialists that offer fixed fee services on our sister site
    justbeagle logo

    Fixed fees for Divorce or Dissolution of your Civil Partnership will vary depending on whether you are the Petitioner (issuing the Divorce Petition) or the Respondent (you received Divorce Petition).

    The fixed fees may be available for the whole process or as packaged fees to deal with different stages of the divorce including preparing the divorce petition.
    See more
    See less

    Court Claim ?

    Guides and Letters

    upgrade to vip

    Want exclusive access to forums, more privacy and a live chat box? Upgrade to become a bigger part of our community.

    only £15/yr

    Offers available. No subscription traps.

    sign up now

    Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

    Find a Law Firm