• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

overpaid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: overpaid

Not totally on topic but giving another companies view on how to deal with overpayment
    A friend works for a training provider and has just changed their working week so they work a day less, strangely as her wages were different each month anyway thought the first months money into the bank was a bit high considering the change, but never got round to checking online payslip. Next wage slip arrives and she looks at it and there is a 20% deduction and a salary adjustment of 30.33 :tinysmile_hmm_t2: so she asks payroll to explain it?
    Their reply was
    "Whilst I can appreciate you wishing to have an explanation; there really shouldn't be a need for that, as you are fully aware that you received too much last month, because you knew that you had changed your hours and quite honestly I feel as an honest and loyal employee, you could have brought it to our attention, that we had missed it last month."

Comment

Originally posted by concernedperson View Post
      Not totally on topic but giving another companies view on how to deal with overpayment
      A friend works for a training provider and has just changed their working week so they work a day less, strangely as her wages were different each month anyway thought the first months money into the bank was a bit high considering the change, but never got round to checking online payslip. Next wage slip arrives and she looks at it and there is a 20% deduction and a salary adjustment of 30.33 :tinysmile_hmm_t2: so she asks payroll to explain it?
      Their reply was
      "Whilst I can appreciate you wishing to have an explanation; there really shouldn't be a need for that, as you are fully aware that you received too much last month, because you knew that you had changed your hours and quite honestly I feel as an honest and loyal employee, you could have brought it to our attention, that we had missed it last month."
      What a load of crap from the employer..........
      Surely the response should have been, sorry for the complete and utter cock-up with your wages.
      As an honest employee, you obviously took the extra money as a tax refund.
      As a token of good faith, and in view of our incompetence, please enjoy spending the extra bonus.
      “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

Hi all thought I would give an update and thank you for the advice. We have just sent this letter to Next - so fingers crossed. Will update you as and when.

Further to my letter dated 30September and received by Next on the 1 October 2014.

Having received no response from you (not even a holding reply) I now consider the matter closed as I would assume that this is now outside your service standards. I replied promptly to your letter by telephone call and email to Capital Commercial Collections followed by a letter to you on the 30 September 2014.

I was disappointed when I found out that Capital Commercial Collections was a no win no fee debt collection company. It would have been polite for Next as a company to deal with this in the first instance.

Notice of a month was duly submitted (and worked) in good faith and final pay slip and P45 was received in July 2014. Overpayments should have been discovered at the point of the issue of the P45.

Overpayment not realised as such as it is due to employers’ error and employee thought it was rightfully theirs. Employee then spent the overpayment and it cannot be recovered. It would be onerous and unjust for the employee to repay the money than for the employer to forgo it.

I do not intend to deal with Capital Commercial Collections and would appreciate Next informing them that this matter is now closed.

Comment

This arrived by email today - RE: OVERPAYMENT OF SALARY AMOUNT DUE £131.14 + £15.00 Administration Charge OUR CLIENT: Next Retail Limited Dear Ms We have been instructed regarding the above overpayment of salary. Despite previous communications, according to our Client, you have not reimbursed them. We are obliged to inform you that should this letter be ignored, we may be empowered to take further action to recover our Clients' monies. Should legal action be necessary, our Clients claim against you will be for the above amount plus the cost of such action where applicable. YOUR DEBT CAN BE SETTLED BY USING ONE OF THE METHODS SHOWN ON THE ATTACHMENT “WAYS TO PAY” You can pay by a variety of methods as shown on the attached document – “Ways to Pay”. Please ensure that our reference **is quoted with whichever method you choose, as this helps us to correctly allocate your payment. If you are unable to pay the debt in full, please call me on 01923 251888 to discuss your proposals for settlement or by email: payments@ccc-debts.com. DO NOT DELAY - PLEASE ACT NOW TO AVOID FURTHER ACTION For and on behalf of, CAPITOL COMMERCIAL COLLECTIONS LIMITED

Comment

This was my reply Please see email below - I wrote again (21 October) to Mr B stating I had no response to my previous letter(30September) and now consider the matter closed! (I have receipt for the letters). I do not like the tone of your letter and will only deal with Next.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnboy007 View Post
              What a load of crap from the employer..........
              Surely the response should have been, sorry for the complete and utter cock-up with your wages.
              As an honest employee, you obviously took the extra money as a tax refund.
              As a token of good faith, and in view of our incompetence, please enjoy spending the extra bonus.
              Not quite sure what you are saying? Anyway they have received a written apology from the employers now, who on looking at it properly could understand how it looked.

Comment

Originally posted by moy View Post
                This was my reply Please see email below - I wrote again (21 October) to Mr B stating I had no response to my previous letter(30September) and now consider the matter closed! (I have receipt for the letters). I do not like the tone of your letter and will only deal with Next.
                Hmm..... you have now actually responded to CCC having told Next you wouldn't!!
                Advice is to ignore them completely and only communicate with Next.

Note that their letter is full of "may" and "might". They also refer to a "debt" as if the matter has been decided in their favour in court. Just more threatening methodology and how about the administration charge to correct their alleged error.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X