• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

During Garden Leave

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• During Garden Leave

I resigned from my current job 8 weeks ago, I have 4 weeks until my new position starts. My current contractual place of work is home based, my current employer has two office sites in the UK. I don't have a specific garden leave clause in my contract, i did receive a letter from H&R confirming my resignation and asking me not to contact customers etc and stay at home on 'garden leave'. All good so far, I have been at home and haven't spoken to anyone. I received a call from my boss on Thursday asking if i could come into one of the offices and help with a project. I have found out that this project is with a current customer, which they are having difficulty with, who might well be a new customer of mine in 5 weeks. My boss asked if I was available, I said yes. I then followed up with an email to him, asking him to confirm that they wanted me in, what i was expected to do and voiced concerns over any potential conflict of interest in the future. No reply, I left a voice message and resent the mail asking him to confirm that I was needed in the office tomorrow, no reply.
    As I am on garden leave and my contractual work place is home, should I go in? This project is not going well and will more than likely fail, is my involvement here providing an convenient excuse for my boss - I think it might be. As I have asked for confirmation and not received it, will that be a good enough reason for not attending the office tomorrow.

Hope this makes sense!!

Arnie
    Tags: None

Re: During Garden Leave

I would contact HR to ask them, as the manager may have spoken without considering it first or discussing it with HR, hence the embarrassed lack of response to your enquiries of him.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

If I was in your shoes, I would stay at home and have nothing to do with, what could be a new customer.
      It is not worth the risk, and I wouldn't trust HR in any way.
      Remember the golden rule......
      Look after number one..(you).
      “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

Originally posted by Johnboy007 View Post
        If I was in your shoes, I would stay at home and have nothing to do with, what could be a new customer.
        It is not worth the risk, and I wouldn't trust HR in any way.
        Remember the golden rule......
        Look after number one..(you).
        I was thinking the same, and it will more than likely get my boss's back up, could they take any formal action against me for not showing up?

Comment

Hi,
          If your contract is home based, then that is where you work from.
          The company cannot alter your contract, without your express permission.
          So just sit at home....
          JB
          “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X