• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Dismissed for gross misconduct please help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dismissed for gross misconduct please help

Hello every one, my names holly,

This is my first post, I saw this god send of a site, I would really appreciate some help.
    Last edited by Holly day; 18th January 2014, 08:46:AM. Reason: because amethyst wolf broke it down perfectly,
    Tags: None

Re: Dismissed for gross misconduct please help

Hi + to LegalBeagles,,it's a tad early yet but someone will be along to help you
    Last edited by Inca; 17th January 2014, 05:34:AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Hi and welcome to the forum. I've tried to summarise for you to help others see what the situation is; let me know if this is correct;

July 2012 (ish) - Suspended for a week and returned to work with requirement of retraining which you did not receive.

June 2013 - suspended with immediate affect and sent home. Attended disciplinary hearing. Accused of failure to comply with company policy in relation to
      cash and stock handling and failure to comply with company policy in relation to general security' (which you dispute fully) - Police involvement but no action taken against you by the police.

August 2013 - Signed as Sick (aniety and high blood pressure)

Aug 2013 - Dec 2013 - Offered a number of hearing dates - to hold hearing at your home/to send a representative on your behalf

Dec 2013 - Asked you to consent to IMMS to obtain your medical records

Jan 2014 - Disciplinary hearing held in your absence and sacked for Gross Misconduct on the original basis ( failure to comply with company policy in relation to cash and stock handling and failure to comply with company policy in relation to general security)

Questions:

On what basis was your employment ? (salary / hourly pay / contract etc)
      How long have you worked there ? SEVEN YEARS
      Last edited by Amethyst; 17th January 2014, 11:00:AM.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

For my money I think you are better off out of there as they do seem to nitpick just a tad too much and may have seen it as an opprtunity to get rid and reduce their own costs.

I'd be tempted to go for an ET - as long as you are still in time.

Comment

I think time limit runs from Dismissal (which was this month) as opposed to suspension so should be okay time wise to bring ET claim. Might be worth having a chat with ACAS ( on 08457 47 47 47 for free and confidential advice)

Is there any other reason they might have been trying to get rid of you ?

Did you suffer from the anxiety and HBP before all this started?

What was the first suspension for and was that valid ?
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Inca View Post
            Hi + to LegalBeagles,,it's a tad early yet but someone will be along to help you

Hi so sorry, don't know what I'm doing just yet, but bear with me I'm working on.

Comment

Hi thanks seriously appreciated. not suspended for a week. I've been on suspension from june until last week. on full pay. I've been there seven years.

Comment

Thanks much appreciated, i had suffered once before back in 2010 wile at uni. number noted ill check it out soon as

Comment

The first time you were suspended, how long was that for ?
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

FIRST Suspension, i had scanned little old lades sunday mag it was only 47 p bless her, the till made the usual beep but the manager who was blatantly trying hard to get me out said there there was no record of the transaction

Comment

first time , i was suspended for four weeks. second time i was suspended the same day i returned. walked in to a trap trusting the supervisor , who said he would come and process my purchase ,i set it up on the till to be told i was being suspended for serving my self

Comment

the suspention hearing had been delayed due to my ill health, and its been held up for 8 months now so they just went ahead.but i haven't actually don't anything wrong. ok bit bad to have processed the sweets in a separate transaction but if id attempted to use the discount tab wile scanning items the till would have died. i kinda panic when it freezes. que of customers looking at me

Comment

Four weeks for not processing a 47p transaction properly (allegedly) This definitely sounds over the top !

Ring ACAS today and let us know what they say. It sounds like bullying and harassment to me, and you are most definitely better off out f that kind of environment.

Mention being set up to fail (ie. manager trying to make you do things so they can accuse you of breaking the rules)

Have a read of this http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=797 and the PDF leaflet (page 2) http://www.acas.org.uk/media/pdf/d/l...-employees.pdf
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Exactly what did that alleged manager actually manage?

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                              Four weeks for not processing a 47p transaction properly (allegedly) This definitely sounds over the top !
                              Perhaps the store is determined to replace its paid staff with Welfare To Work slaves?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X