• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

SSCL vetting?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSCL vetting?

Hi all

First thread, so apologies if this is in the wrong place or something.

I've just started a new position, and have been waiting to get my vetting through. I have previously been vetted and all has been fine. Last week, i was told my pre existing vetting meant i was ok to start (this was not from SSCL themselves, but rather from someone else who works for the organisation i started with, part of whos job is to chase up vetting and liaise with SSCL, i think). I thought this was odd as i hadnt been told this peviously, or when i submitted my documents this time around. Nevermind.

I've now been given the official reply from SSCL saying the vetting has failed as i "pose a risk to HMPPS". Genuinely have no idea why this would be. Does anyone have any ideas or can think of things that ive perhaps overlooked? I have no criminal record at all and all my vetting details that were submitted were accurate, with the official documents as required.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

Have you tried to go back to SSCL to find out if they can let you know what the issue was with the vetting outcome?
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Thanks ULA. Turns out SSCL arent allowed to give more information unless it goes to the appeals team to investigate it. I have sent in the appeal now.

Anyone know how long an appeal might take? They said in the confirmation email there isnt a timeframe so just hoping for a guesstimate if anyones been through this before.

Comment

I know that appealing a vetting outcome for roles within various policy forces have a 28 day review period. You may need to go back to SSCL when you make the appeal and ask them to confirm the time it will take before you get an outcome.

Just be aware there may also be a time.restriction on you in which to make the appeal, so make sure you comply with that.
        If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
        If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

I’m having the same problem. I have no adverse history, to my knowledge at least. Nothing at all in my background, no cautions, convictions, links to anything/anyone to flag as a cause for concern, yet my vetting has been returned as ‘unsatisfactory’ I’m yet to receive a response or find out the reason(s). I see you were told you pose a risk? Has this been explained and have you had any joy in submitting an appeal? Thanks!

Comment

Hey, literally just made a profile so I can reply to you. I’ve had the same issue. I declared all that I needed to and failed my vetting for being a “risk to HMPPS”.. it’s been 4 weeks and they haven’t given me a reason for the fail. Have you heard anything back yet?

Comment

I’m sorry to comment again. To the OP and the above poster: was it stated that you pose a risk on the automated response email/portal status? Or have you delved deeper to be told this?

Comment

Hi all, has anyone had any response/insight in to why this happens? I have recently failed my vetting with the reason 'risk to hmpps'. I am in the same boat as all of you in regards to failing and I'm so confused as to how/why this has been said! My whole career is on the line because of this.

Comment

Exactly the same thing has happened to me! I have never been in trouble with the police and my DBS came back clear. Has anyone heard anything?

Comment

Klovvee I'm so sorry you're going through this as well. 3 weeks on for me and I'm no closer to finding out why. Apparently due to GDPR they can't tell me why I've failed but just that I can appeal the decision by sending appropriate documents. I just resent my entire application in a word document and asked the appeals team what else they require. I'd advise you to go straight to the appeals team and avoid the letter to the 'approvals and compliance' team step as it is completely pointless. Keeping everything crossed for you, I'll let you know if I hear anything

Comment

Hi. What was the outcome?
                      I've just failed my HMPPS Enhanced Vetting due to having an IVA (4 years in, never missed a payment).

This is for a non directly employed post (medic).

Ive already been doing the job for 2 months!! And these were supposedly pre-employment checks.

I have an email to appeal, just wondering if there's any point??

Thanks.

Comment

Firstly, massive apologies to everyone for not replying. I started searching elsewhere for answers and got distracted. I got no answer except that i can appeal by resubmitting my application (as someone else said above). I did this, it failed again. I asked SSCL for more information and got a generic response along the lines of "we do checks including (x, y and z), but not limited to these, and yours were unsatisfactory." No further info. I moved on, and left the position. I've now started a new position, was DBS'ed, all fine etc, and a few weeks in, my manager wants to set up a link with the local probation service as we have some mutual clients, and i just got sent the sscl vetting form again... here we go again lol. Anybody else aware of anything since the previous posts?

Comment

Also, to "guest" above, i was sent the reply email (it went to my manager), and it said i pose a risk on there. As i say, DBS'ed again and still nothing, so maybe i was a sleeper agent or something and didnt realise it myself lol.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                          X