• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Schedule of Loss

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schedule of Loss

I'm currently in the process of taking an employer to tribunal, and ACAS have asked me for a schedule of loss to give to my former employer. Can any one help on this, solicitors are asking me for £400ph!
    Could I just keep it simple and just ask for what would have been my redundancy money, ie if id been made redundant not fired? which would have been 2 full weeks pay for each year I was there and my 3 months notice period paid in full? I hope thatt makes sense. any help would be great. Thank you
    Tags: None

Hi you are in a formal legal process so I am sorry to say but a properly completed Schedule of Loss is what is required to be provided.

I can provide a template Schedule of Loss but to assist you complete this it would be useful to know what are you claiming for?
    Last edited by ULA; 3rd July 2020, 14:34:PM. Reason: Extra information
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Originally posted by Ula View Post
      Hi you are in a formal legal process so I am sorry to say but a properly completed Schedule of Loss is what is required to be provided.

I can provide a template Schedule of Loss but to assist you complete this it would be useful to know what are you claiming for?
      thanks Ula, its for unfair dismissal.

Comment

This template may help you since it is a Schedule of Los template that has been used for ET cases. It is fairly straight forward by any questions just post up here.

Hopefully should save you £400
        Attached Files
        If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

This template may help you since it is a Schedule of Los template that has been used for ET cases. It is fairly straight forward by any questions just post up here.

Hopefully should save you £400
          Thanks Ula, I'll have a look at it and let you know how i get on!

Comment

HI Ula, I'm just looking at the loss of notice period, is it the same as contractual notice period?
            if it would have been for example 6 months, does that mean one can only claim for 2 weeks of your notice period? in essence the redundancy would have been a lot better if I was paid that?

Comment

Also am I correct in reading the schedule of loss can be chnaged and ammended clsoer to the tribunal?

Comment

In 3.7 if you did not get paid any notice then you need to state "Loss of notice period not paid. Contractual notice was xxx". Then put in the calculation for this.
                How have you calculated your basic award?
                Yes the Schedule can be updated closer to any Tribunal Hearing to reflect the current situation in the event that you have claimed any benefits, carried out any paid work etc.

Comment

Hi Ula,
                  Great thanks!
                  I think the basic was fairly Staright forward, fingers crossed I did depending on my age and the amont of time working there I did:
                  £525 x 1.5 weeks for each year (41+ years old)
                  £525 x 1 week for each year (22yearsold to 40 years old)
                  If I have claimed benefits since made unemployed were does that go, do include all benefits eg housing?
                  Thanks

Comment

I presume your redundancy happened pre 6 April 2020 hence the week's pay is £525?

3.9 Is where you add in any income by way of benefits and earned income - itemise each separate income i.e. job seekers allowance £xx per week/month @ xx weeks equals, housing benefit £xx per week/month @ xx weeks equals, temporary work @ £xx per week for xx weeks equals etc.

Comment

Sorry to the OP for hijacking the post

Just seen this post and seen your download document.............i am in the same boat for unfair dismissal.......and i need to fill out the form. Do you mind if i ask you a few questions....

Comment

What questions do you need to ask? You can ask them here or on your original thread.

Comment

What questions do you need to ask? You can ask them here or on your original thread.
                          I filled out the forms thanks so much for the templates............but i have 2 questions

1. I worked a total of 14+ years which was 12 years perm and 2 years as a temp. There was 2 mergers with the companies and last merger was with
                          last company in 2007 (this was 12 years). So can I claim for the previous 2 years on the basic award and have a total of 14 years service?

2. "Uplift for failure to follow the ACAS Code" As per the citizen advice you cannot claim for redundancy but my situation is not actually redundancy its unfair dismissal so can I claim? and is it 10%-20%??

Thanks

Comment

1. When you worked as a temp were you employed direct with the company or via an agency?
                            2. On your initial contract was the start date given as effectively the start of the 12 years of your permanent contract.
                            3. Was your reason for termination given by your employer redundancy?

Comment

1. When you worked as a temp were you employed direct with the company or via an agency? Via an agency
                              2. On your initial contract was the start date given as effectively the start of the 12 years of your permanent contract. Yes
                              3. Was your reason for termination given by your employer redundancy?
                              Yes they say its redundancy but they just hired my colleague in my role with lower pay and there are 3 other people who do the same role and we had a huge amount of projects and work left....the issue is they did not want me to travel to the new work location where there was nothing in my contract that stated i could not travel.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X