• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Approx cost for a solicitor to do the ET1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Approx cost for a solicitor to do the ET1

I don’t really want to give away a %, and I’d rather try to find my case bit by bit. Any idea why the approx cost would be for doing the ET1 properly after looking over the files I have?
    Tags: None

Could you not do the ET1 yourself ?

Some firms do offer a fixed fee but it will depend how much background work is required.... but for example Stephensons offer a fixed price of £250 + VAT for preparing the ET1 and basic particulars, and £450 + VAT for a detailed ET1.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I suppose I could, but I’d prefer an expert to look it through.

Comment

If you do want to get a solicitor to deal with the ET1 then a fixed fee would be the best way to go, particularly if you have a lot of documentation for them to go through. Hopefully has been well maintained and is easy for someone to find the details of what would be needed to complete the ET1.
        If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
        If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

I am putting together a PDF file with images of the email communications, letters, meeting minutes, medical records, call logs. Basically painting a full picture of how I ended up where I did. All in chronological order. It will read like a story, with all of the evidence included. I want to make this as smooth a process as possible for the solicitor.

Comment

That will certainly be very useful to a solicitor and will help with ensuring you can get a fixed fee for completing the ET1.
            If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

One this is done, is it preparing a bundle next? If so, is this something that can be done via a fixed fee too?

Comment

The bundle is usually compiled by the respondents with both sides agreeing the content of documents and finally adding their own witness statements

Comment

In the normal course of a Tribunal process and prior to producing the bundle both parties have to agree to the list of documents, this will be an amalgamation of documents both parties want to submit to the hearing. Normally the date that this list will need to be exchanged by is provided in what is called a Case Order Management (CMO). Each party is then required to submit copies of any documents on their list as requested by the other party. The respondent is then normally responsible for producing the indexed and paginated trial bundle a copy of which needs to be sent to the claimant, again in a timescale as dictated by the CMO. Following that a further date will be set for exchange of witness statements.

My view would be that generally a law firm will not provide a fixed fee for solely dealing with the above process in isolation. What you are more likely to find is that a law firm will consider taking on the case under a fixed fee to include this process and then the subsequent representation on your behalf at the hearing.

Comment

The fixed fee will included trial costs even if it does not go that far?

Comment

You can ask a law firm to quote for preparation and representation at the hearing. An experienced solicitor, given the details of the case, is likely to know approximately how long the hearing will be scheduled for and can factor that into the cost.

They are becoming fewer these days but some law firms do still offer a "no win, no fee" arrangement for employment cases so you might also want to explore that option, however make sure you fully understand the arrangement in place before you sign up to anything.

Comment

I have the union cover, but their ‘legal advice’ is absolutely useless!

I also have legal cover with my home insurance...The thing is I want control. I don’t want to be forced to settle...

I am preparing to take a financial hit to expose the corrupt elements within my former employer & the union. They won’t want to be exposed. They won’t want to have to explain their sham processes on the record. There is no fear from me which they are not used too. My ducks are nearly in a line......

It’s not about money, but that helps of course. It’s about ensuring that bad people are exposed, and all people are treated fairly & equally.

Comment

Okay so I've seen the last few weeks compiling my case into chronological order, and approx 50 pages in PDF format, with images of meeting minutes, letters, emails, job searches etc.. along with 2 recorded phone calls obtained via a SAR, which are import for the context. It's easy to follow, and the claims should be easy to spot for an experienced eye....

So now I need it read, and the particulars drawn up for the ET1. So who is best for the job from the recommendations I've had so far:

https://www.stephensons.co.uk/site/l...oyment_law_ff/

https://www.ironmongercurtis.com/ser...epresentation/

https://www.co-oplegalservices.co.uk...ndard-2016.pdf

Comment

Spoke to Stephensons. Its seemed more geared towards a £180ph rate at approx 4/5 hours as opposed to a 'fixed fee'

Co-op are too bust for new claims

Ironmongercurtis was a 'call you back' service

I just want the pack I have compiled reading, and the ET1 prepared. It seems that this industry is very busy.

Comment

I am sorry we cannot recommend a law firm the decision as to who you use must be based on your research and maybe the reviews of the firms that are available

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X