• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Discrimination

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still no update. I have asked to work in any role etc apart from nightshift as i am currently off sick but want to be at work
    My employer is unwilling to do this. They have advised that i will be dismissed for my attendance despite me wanting to be at work.

I work for a large council.

Any thoughts

Comment

Can anyone advise on what i can do

Comment

Ula

If you are signed off sick formally they can't dismiss you for your non attendance. Have you heard nothing back at all from your grievance ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Sorry i meant dissmissed for my sickness. No word re grievance as of yet. Said it maybe a few more weeks.

Really worried

Comment

They cannot just dismiss you for your sickness record without going through a formal process, which would require them to formally write to you about attending a disciplinary meeting.

In my opinion I think they need to be careful about instigating a disciplinary for you being off sick when they have not yet dealt with an outstanding grievance about making reasonable adjustments under the Equality Act, given that the reason you are off work is because of having to work nights.

If you work for a large council are you a member of a union? Just a thought as if you are they may also be able to help with legal advice.
            If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
            If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Thanks yes i am a member of an union but to ne honest so far their advice has been very limited and wrong at times.

Just want it all resolved so that i can get back to work

Comment

Not the first time I have heard that about union advice.

I am sure that you do the whole situation must be very frustrating.
                If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Afternoon

Grievance was not upheld. Apart from appealing is there anything else i can do ?

Comment

In terms of process then your next course of action is to appeal the outcome of the grievance.

Comment

Thanks my concern is that due to timescales once a decision is made on the apoeal i am going to miss the deadline for going to an ET i.e 3months minus a day

Comment

Ok I understand when have you determined that the final date for making your ET claim is?

I suggest that you raise your grievance appeal immediately with your employer, but also start the process of early conciliation through ACAS which you need to go through first, since your ET claim will not be accepted without an early conciliation certificate from ACAS. The form that you will need to submit for this process can be found here.

https://ec.acas.org.uk/

Comment

Update : still no decision as they are still investigating . Union have advised not to apply to employment tribunal until decision.

Is it reasonable for me to contact my employer and advise that due to time this is taking which is having an adverse effect on my health i expect a decion within next 5 days.

Comment

The only thing for me to remind you of is that you have a time limit in which to apply and that is 3 months less a day which i know you are well aware of.

Ensure that in waiting for a response from your employer you do not miss that deadline.

Comment

Thanks i was advised that as the discrimination is still ongoing then i dont have to worry about that !!!

Hope this is the case.

I will also be going onto ssp soon as well even although its not my fault :-(

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X