• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Help advise zero contract

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help advise zero contract

My work place has closed for a refurbishment and I am a working mother 9-3 mon -Friday they r closed and have shipped us out to other places which is too far away from my children one who is still dependent on me. I have tried one shift this week which was a total nightmare trying to get to and now my child care has let me down hence cannot do the 16hr left to do this week and I have had a call from my boss telling me I have to work these and to find other arrangements for my kids which I don’t have so he has said he will tell the main boss that I have refused to work and that I should be working during the three weeks even though other employees (without kids) have the time off??? I feel like I am being bullied into working when I am the only one struggling etc and everyone else just has the time off??
    Tags: None

My work place has closed for a refurbishment and I am a working mother 9-3 mon -Friday they r closed and have shipped us out to other places which is too far away from my children one who is still dependent on me. I have tried one shift this week which was a total nightmare trying to get to and now my child care has let me down hence cannot do the 16hr left to do this week and I have had a call from my boss telling me I have to work these and to find other arrangements for my kids which I don’t have so he has said he will tell the main boss that I have refused to work and that I should be working during the three weeks even though other employees (without kids) have the time off??? I feel like I am being bullied into working when I am the only one struggling etc and everyone else just has the time off?? I am now worried I will lose my job for saying I cannot work at another place and will attend training days and return once my place of work is back open like everyone else...

Comment

On a zero hours contract you are not obliged to work if you are offered it.

I suggest you write and confirm that whilst your normal work place is closed for refurbishment you are finding it difficult to work at another location due to the distance and the impact on your child care arrangements and it is for this reason that whilst the refurbishment work continues you will not be available to work any requested hours, however once your normal work place reopens you will be available.

That way the situation is documented an it is very clear why you are unable to work currently.

If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
      If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X