• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Confirmation Sought

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confirmation Sought

The story thus far.

Upon taking position as MD at a company, I won’t name them at I have an employment tribunal running. After taking position I found that the former owner, but still a stakeholder and Director, was bribing customers to get an advantage over its competitors. This I raised with the chairman and although he was well aware of the situation, it turned out he provided the cash for the payoffs.

After some one wrangling I took complete control over said operations, had the director/stakeholder removed and had the remaining directors sign as many documents as I could.

All was was fine until there was a deal done with one of my directors for a bonus payment. Which was agreed without my knowing or authorisation, as if there would ever be one.

In in any event after taking a large amount of project files and documents over to said director I subsequently found out thst I had unknowingly take five thousand pounds in cash over in a box folder. Although this didn’t come to light much later.

No no going into the boring stuff, three years later I’m sat in a group board meeting when the conversation turned to contracts and two in particular, the first a major regeneration scheme, the second an project infrastructure client, one that’s also national security. need I say more.

In in any case, the conversation went on to cover the regeneration works and the CEO instructed the Director of a company in group to pay whatever, a carrier bag of cash was mentioned, so ensure the company would be successful.

The latter of the two projects, involved hacking a government tender portal, and the need for finding hackers, and how much money would be made, circa 100million pounds.

The problem with this is that I know that we had a visit from a governmental type from a country that has a tech embargo placed on it. The conversation in the meeting went on, what materials/tech was is these area of work, how it would be transported, and where it could go.

Suffive to say say that I was as angry as worried of what I was hearing, so decided to challenge the CEO/Chairman in the matter the very next week when we met in his office.

From that stage and in quick succession, my Pa was made redundant and I was dismissed.

Again not going into specifics, they reduced all, or any information under the statuary request, saying that all emails, I presume the whole groups were defeated and therefore not available.

With a week of dismissal, and my appointing a solicitor, they back tracked and stated that I was dismissed for misappropriation of company funds, credit card use.

This doesnt worry me as me as so much as what it implies.

That said, that allocation is defendable, but the implication of the claim is that the rumour mill has been working overtime and jobs are few on the ground, although I could’ve walked out and found something on reputation alone, especially as the industry I work in is highly regulated and high risk.

With the above being said, and I’ve had chats with my legal team, my question is this, given the gravity of the situation, should I wait for mytribunal to end, or go to the authorities now, SFO, National Security Agency et al?

My solicitor advised to wait, but should the worst happen, and someone is injurered or worse because of my inaction, I would feel terrible, beside myself in fact.

For regerence I have have had third hand threats on my life, and it’s been made perfectly clear that the chairman has the ear of a senor middke eastern military figure, ergo anything is possible.

Serious you may think. Give up might be another thought, but what of, my integrity, wish to protect, supported by my chosen industry, the love of our nation and most of all, what of doing the right thing in an age where so many don’t.

Would i I have any recorce for the damage they’ve done to my reputation, my brand if you will.

Ive asked my team and they seem woolly and focused on the employment aspect. So I thought I’d pose a question, and as I have found, writing about it helps, especially as this is the first time.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

B

Tags: None

Apologies for the grammatical mistakes but I’ve had to cover my style of writing a tad given that anyone reading this, and knowing me, they would certainly recognise the flow.

Please make due allowences.

Comment

https://sforeporting.egressforms.com/

or the NCA. http://www.nationalcrimeagency.gov.uk/contact-us

http://www.nationalcrimeagency.gov.u...and-corruption

Whistleblowing

The NCA is a prescribed person for the purposes members of the public making a protected disclosure under whistleblowing legislation. You can contact the NCA about matters relating to (a) corrupt individuals or companies offering or receiving bribes to secure a benefit for themselves or others; or (b) compliance with the Terrorism Act 2000, the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002, or the Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X