• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

unpaid hoildays

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unpaid hoildays

hi i hope you can help me iv been working in a school where we have money taken out of our hourly rate so we are paid for our hoildays . we also have to work some of the school hoildays to make sure we get paid. i only get £7.42 an hour they take 45p of me every hour so i don't get the minmium wage even. in december 2018 i went on casual hours. they never changed my contract it was stili perment and ti was still paid £7.42 an hr with 45p taken for hoilday pay. i never recieved my wages on 11th jan i got £5.40 instead of £170. the agency told me the area manager emailed them and told them i was casual. but they had been taking money off me ever since i worked for them for hoildays. so i was paying my own hoilday pay.. but in the hoildays i phone the parol and they said i would get paid. im now broke until end of january because of them. they have had money of me for hoildays which i never got paid for christmas. pls can you help.
    Tags: None

Just to understand your situation do you work for the school via an agency or are you employed directly? Are you on the maximum age level for the minimum wage i.e. aged between 25 and over?
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

hi thank you for replying i work for a prvate buisness that provides cleaners for the school. im over 25

Comment

What does your contract say about holiday pay?
        The information I supply is provided for informational purposes only and, should not be construed as legal advice.

Comment

hi
          my contract says we paid for 39 werks but they take money out of wages so we get paid all year round when the school clises for hoikdays.

Comment

Do you get paid monthly or weekly ?

With term time only work, if an employee is on a salary, they spilt the salary over 12 months, as opposed to just paying them more in term time and nothing outside of term time.

Up until you changed to casual did you work regular hours and receive the same wage whether it was term time or not ?

So say you worked 20 hours a week and got minimum wage @ £7.83 you'd earn £156.60 a week for 39 weeks a year ( £6107.40 a year), and nothing outside term time so 13 weeks with no pay. Instead of doing that they hold back some of your weekly pay and pay it to you so you have a continuous income over the full 52 weeks, so they'd actually pay you about £117.45 a week over 52 weeks, rather than £156.60 over 39 weeks and £0 over 13 weeks?. Does that sounds about how they were doing it before you changed to Casual hours ?

However I can't see how that would work for a casual hourly paid employee as you should be paid for your hours worked and your paid holiday entitlement worked out from that.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X