• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

DSAR data request

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSAR data request

I applied to my company for a data request .I was sent copies of emails and other data which have been sent. but two managers I had worked for never complied, when I queried this I was told that they no longer hold any information as the two managers in question where no longer my manager as I have moved teams and all correspondence had been deleted.

the company in question is a very big company, so data would have been securely backed up on the companies mail servers and they could be recovered

can I pursue the company to supply me with the emails i want to see?

I was also sent another employees medical history/sickness history which I think was put there to make my employment history look worse than it was ,as this person had been off for a long time due too accidents and operations i know the other person who the poor sickness record belongs too

when I queried the sickness records I was told that it must have been a clerical error by the person who completed the data request, but I think it was done maliciously by one of my previous managers as he has got it for me ....the person with the poor sickness record is now a manager too.

would this be grounds for a grievance and who should I aim the grievance at.
    Tags: None

I am going to tag Peridot in regard to the issue of potentially information being withheld from your DSAR request.

In terms of the grievance my view is that no there are no grounds, it would in fact be the person whose medical records were disclosed that would have the grievance. I hope that you returned and/or deleted these immediately you ascertained that they were not yours.
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Hi Mickw1,

The e-mails you believe are missing, were they of a personal nature or just routine communications with your then managers? Have you asked whether the Company has a deletion protocol in respect of e-mails. I appreciate back ups are done however it would not be reasonable to expect every e-mail going back to the year dote to be retained. What timescale are you talking about here with regard to the dates of e-mails you believe should still exist?

Would there have been personal content in the e-mails or would they have been operational type content between manger and yourself?

I am a qualified solicitor and am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

If in doubt you should always seek professional face to face legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X