• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Work advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work advice

Hello
    i have work for a compyfor 13 year 2 years ago they offered a diploma and I was never asked to do it. But others that were in a lower position were. I have applied for other rolls in the organisation and never get the job as others that had done the diploma got the jobs. I have even applied for the same role as I am doing just in an other location and was turned down. I have been told that I was very close at getting the position at the beginning of the year but the other candidate was just stronger. I then applied for another role along with the other candidate that also got turned down and I was not invited for the interview but she did and she got the job. She was also told she was the only candidate that got an interview. She was one person that had been on the diploma. Do I have grounds to do anything about this as I feel like I have been treated unfairly. Anyone have any advice sorry for the long message.
    Tags: None

Have you discussed with the company about doing the Diploma ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

They no longer do the diploma as I did ask.

Comment

Ahhh - no it doesn't seem very fair. I'll tag Ula for you to have a look in.

Have you had any feedback from them off your applications / interviews you have had ? and have they all come down to 'not having the diploma' ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I have been told the other candidate were just better on the day. The last interview 3 people went for the job. I was told it was between myself and the girl that got the job. The 3rd choice person got the last job I applied for. she got the interview and I did not get an interview. She did the diploma. I seems they favoured them over me. I have asked 3 times for training or qualification as this seems to be what they want and I have been ignored.

Comment

I suggest that you formally request a meeting with your manager/HR to discuss progression for you. Let them know that you feel you have been overlooked because you did not have the diploma, that you feel that this is unfair given the fact you have not had the opportunity to undertake this course and now cannot as it is not longer offered. Ask them for some commitment to making some training available to you to allow you to progress.

See how that goes and if that does not work then you may need to consider raising a grievance.
            If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
            If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X