• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

holiday pay query

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• holiday pay query

Hi guys,
    I have only 3 shifts left at my old workplace, i am wondering if I am owed holiday money.
    My holidays are worked out by hours.. I have literally copied and pasted from my wage slip website (whatever it;s called), The hours taken include 10 days of holiday that I won't be taking as I leave 11th August and am on annual leave from 10th August for 14 days.

I work a typical shift of 7.5 hours a day.

Allowance for year 0
    .Carried over 0.0
    Holidays remaining 93.50
    Holidays taken 151.50

HALP!!

Cheers

Callie

Ula mariefab Amethyst
    ​​
    PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)
    Tags: None

Is your total holiday allowance for the year 245hrs? 32days ( at 7.5 hrs a day ) ? Does that include bank holidays etc?

Have you taken any any other holiday or is the 10 days the 93.5 hrs ? ( guessing there must be another couple days as if 7.5 hrs is a day that'd be 75hrs leaving 18.5 hrs that'd be 2 and a half days ?)

I'd get your contract out, tell us your start date, the date holiday year starts ( Jan or April for example ) so you can see what holiday you've accrued vs holiday taken

Have you worked you notice period less that 1 day of holiday ?

Anyway - If your holiday year starts 1st Jan and you leave 11 Aug and work 5 days a week for 7.5 hrs you have statutory entitlement of 128 hours holiday.

less what you've taken ( 93.5 hrs assuming they're paying you for those ?) leaving you owed 34.5 hrs.

I hate Maths Try the gov.uk calculator for holiday pay anyway - https://www.gov.uk/calculate-your-ho...018-01-01/37.5

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

my holiday entitlement started on 1st April.
      I had a week carried over from the previous year (not showing there for some reason, and I will work until 9th aug. My annual leave starts on 10th and I leave on 11th.

I will see if I can find my contract as I work bank hols and w/ends
      PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)

Comment

Check rules on rollovers in your contract too xx
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I wouldn't necessarily rely on what the wage website says because it's accuracy depends on someone actually keeping it updated.
          With regard to holidays ours has never been correct (not once, not ever) in 13 years.

Comment

I know that we are allowed up to 7 days rollover holiday.
            I had 9 days over in April, so 7 days went in to holiday and I had 2 days added to my banked hours. I have looked and was given them as days off either side of a holiday, happy with that.

actual holiday taken :
            24/05-27/05 - jamie lawson concert in Manchester - 24 hours

10/08-11/08 (last working day) - 14 hours

total taken = 38 hours

I have worked all the bank holidays as far as I can remember!

Comment

Is this of any use?

Comment

I think they owe me about 9 days holiday

YAY that will pay the bills until next payday!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X